02

"are they yours?" jooeun slowly walked closer to red flannel boy and squat down next to him. she placed the things she was holding down by the kittens.

"no, i actually just saw them while passing by. you too?" he asked, eyeing the things she just put down. he reached out towards the can of tuna. "'may i?"

jooeun nodded, suddenly feeling shy because she had just noticed how incredible ethereal he looked. she watched him open the can of tuna and put in front of the kittens. he also cracked open the bottle of mineral water and poured some water into the lid for the kittens.

"that should satisfy their hunger for now." the boy looked up from the kittens, locking eyes with jooeun.

"oh- yes. i hope so. i'm jooeun, by the way. " she introduced herself.

"i'm donghyun. kim donghyun." he smiled at jooeun, both at a loss for words at the moment. jooeun mainly because his smile was killing her, donghyun because he genuinely didn't know what to say.

"what are we going to do about these kittens?" jooeun said, breaking the silence and looking down at the kittens by their feet.

"we could take one each and the last one.." donghyun's voice trailed off.

"we could share him!" jooeun said brightly, picking up the white kitten closest to her and stroking it gently.

"how would that work?" he laughed at her enthusiasm.

"you could keep him some days and i'll keep him the rest." she suggested, shrugging slightly.

"that's a really cute idea. i call this one!" he pointed at the light brown kitten who was rolling around.

jooeun turned the kitten in her arms to look at it. she grinned.

"i'll call you donghyunnie."

"because i'm cute like a kitten?" donghyun met her eyes and smiled his winning smile.

"you must be out of your mind." she teased, making sure that he didn't see her shaking hands.

"if you're calling him donghyunnie, i'm allowed to call mine jooeunnie." he laughed and picked up the kitten, cradling it in his arms.

"whatever, how about the last one?" they both turned to look at the grey kitten left on the ground.

"dongeun." donghyun said after some silence.

"did you just-" jooeun stared at him in mocking disbelief.

"yes, i just."

"for that, you have to take care of.. dongeun first. here, take the box." she passed the box to him and helped put the kittens in, while she kept a hold on donghyunnie.

donghyun stood up with the box in his arms. he was ready to say goodbye to her when he suddenly realised they didn't have a way to contact each other.

"oh phone number?" donghyun said suddenly.

"give me yours." jooeun typed out his number while he recited it to her.

"well, i'll see you around, donghyun."

"goodbye, jooeun."

jooeun smiled as she watched donghyun walk away, then she smiled at little donghyunnie in her arms. it must have been her lucky day.

when she got home, she froze in horror at the doorway because youngmin was sitting on the couch watching the door.

"you took so long i was getting worried. now where are those snac- is that a kitten?"

"i can explain."

///

oh look jules wrote an update!! also, i would highkey cry if donghyun got eliminated i hope he made it into top 22 like why are the voters not seeing that he's the perfect idol who can do literally everything including pack a punch sighs