Meeting Mister Right

Naruto was walking to the academy. He had just came back from a two day mission. He had also missed two days in the academy, but Iruka already knew why. And so, here he was, in a black skintight shirt, black ANBU pants, and black shinobi sandals. His eyes were a bit dull, considering he was in ANBU a few minutes ago. 

He sighed and opened the door to Iruka's classroom. "Ah, I see you're back from your trip, Naruto." Iruka said. Naruto's face remained impassive. "I guess. It was annoying though. They made me the seducer." Naruto said, sitting down in his seat. "They made a twelve year old a seducer?" Iruka asked. "It was either me or Anko. Knowing her, she would've tapped him and killed him." Naruto said.

Iruka threw a piece of chalk at Naruto, who caught it, and glared at him. "Don't talk about that during class, Naruto." He said. "You asked." Naruto shrugged. "Anyway, what's the lesson, Iruka?" Naruto asked. "ANBU." Iruka said. "That's too easy. Mind if I skip? I need sleep anyway." Naruto said. "Baka! You can't just skip class!" Sakura yelled. 

Naruto cringed and held his ears. "Who let the banshee in? I have sensitive ears right now." Naruto complained. Iruka laughed and Sakura blushed in embarrassment. "Okay, Naruto. you can skip. Also, have you gave Lord Hokage the report?" Iruka asked. "I just came back from an S-Ranked mission and had to go here. Do I look like I want to do more work?" Naruto asked.

Iruka blinked at him and rolled his eyes. "Go, Naruto. Besides,  you will have another mission with me this afternoon anyway." Iruka said. "What rank?" Naruto asked. "C-Ranked. Lord Third said you needed an easy mission with me to clear your head." Iruka said. "Wait, what?! How is Naruto taking missions already?! Heck, he's taking S-Ranked missions!" Kiba yelled.

Naruto gulped and walked towards the window. "Good luck, Iruka." He said, jumping out of the window. "USE THE DOOR NEXT TIME!" Iruka yelled.

Naruto walked towards the Hokage's Tower, getting glares and dirty looks from everyone. A clash of thunder and lighting was seen and heard. Naruto groaned. "Just my luck." He muttered. He fastened his pace towards the Hokage's Tower. He trudged up the stairs and into Hiruzen's office. "Ah, Naruto. How are you?" He asked. "I'm doing horrible, thanks for asking." Naruto said with a smile.

"Naruto, I assume you are here to give me the report?" Hiruzen asked. Naruto nodded. "Hai. The mission was a success. We managed to maintain the Diamond of Fire, one of our most prized possessions." Naruto said. "Good work, now, tell me of your squad's performance." Hiruzen said. "ANBU Snake did well on luring the enemy in the trap. ANBU Dog and ANBU Cat did well on gathering information on the target around the village that target was in. I, ANBU Fox, seduced him." Naruto said. 

Hiruzen raised an eyebrow at that. "Oh? And why not Anko?" He asked. "The man was only interested in males, as we had gathered." Naruto said. "Who taught you?" Hiruzen asked. "Anko." Naruto replied. "You didn't go 'too' far, did you?" Hiruzen asked cautiously. "Of course not. I'm saving myself for the perfect person. Girl or boy." Naruto said. Hiruzen sighed and shook his head. "Good job, ANBU Fox." Hiruzen said. 

Naruto bowed and walked out of the office. He walked down the wet streets of Konoha. A villager tripped him and made him fall. "Ow." He grunted as he held his knee. Naruto stopped feeling rain fall on top of his head. He looked at the ground and saw raindrops still hitting the streets. He looked up and saw an umbrella and a pineapple headed shinobi.

"Troublesome blonde, are you okay?" Shikamaru asked, offering a hand to him. "S-Shikamaru." Naruto stuttered, a light blush covering his whiskered cheeks. "Come on, you'll catch a cold." Shikamaru said. Naruto nodded and took his hand. He tripped over his own feet and fell into Shikamaru's chest. Shikamaru was a good five inches taller than Naruto. 

"Sorry, Shikamaru." Naruto said, moving away from his chest. "It's okay, Naruto. Now, come on. We'll go to the Nara compound." Shikamaru said. "Oh, no. It's fine. I'll just go home and treat my knee." Naruto said. "Nah. You might as well come with me. The compound is a few blocks away. Besides, the rain can infect hat scrape." Shikamaru said.

Naruto nodded. "Hai." He said. 

They walked to the Nara compound where Shikamaru's mom, Yoshino, opened the door. "Oh my! Come in!" She said. Naruto and Shikamaru walked inside. Shikamaru set Naruto on the couch and looked for a first aid kit. "Now, what's your name?" Yoshino asked. "Naruto." Naruto answered. "Nice to meet you, Naruto. Now, can you tell me how you scraped your knee?" She asked as she treated the wound.

Shikamaru sat beside Naruto and watched his mother work. "I tripped." Naruto said. "Unbelievable. A villager tripped him." Shikamaru said. "Those good for nothing scumbags. Look here dear, you are welcome here anytime. I believe Shikamaru could use another ANBU friend." Yoshino said. "How did you know?" Naruto asked. "Did you think only Shikaku and Shikamaru are the only smarts ones? I figured it out because of the features that you and ANBU Fox shared." She said.

"Wait, you said another ANBU friend. Does that mean Shikamaru is an ANBU?" Naruto asked, looking at Shikamaru with a faint blush. "ANBU Deer, at your service." Shikamaru said. "ANBU Fox, nice to meet you." Naruto said. "Lord Hokage said we would be partners from now on. Considering ANBU Dog and ANBU Snake are retiring from ANBU. We also have a mission with ANBU Dolphin as well." Shikamaru said.

"Well, we better get going." Naruto said. Shikamaru nodded and ran to Hiruzen's office.

'Looks like I've found Mister Right.' The two thought, glancing at each other with both a smile and a blush.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonlight0628

Words: 993