CHAPTER 1

CHARLOTTES POINT OF VIEW

The cool ocean breeze, the smell of salt in the air, the white sand between my toes. My hair blowing in the wind.

Nash sheepishly puts his arm around my waist as I set my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and start to drift off. I jerk awake to the sound of tires crunching on gravel.

"Shit there coming." Nash quickly pulls away.

I take a step away from him, and fiddle with my fingers. I turn around when I hear I car door open. Nash and I go to greet our families coming back from a grocery run.

"Can you grab the frozen bags Nash?" Sara, Nash's mom, greets him.

"Sure" he replies not looking at me. I take a few bags from the grey truck, and take them inside the Grier's trailer.

Inside Nash is putting away a few bags of frozen peas into the small black built in fridge. I set the bags down on the table wandering into the back to see Hayes , Nash's younger brother, watching the Simpsons movie.

"Hey Hayes" I say simply.

"Hi" Hayes replies obviously not interested in making conversation.

I leave him to continue his movie, and walk back into the kitchen/living room part of his trailer. Sara comes in with 2 more bags full of groceries.

"You guys are going to finish this up?" She asks, going outside not waiting for an answer.

I begin to put away groceries slowly, not looking at Nash. I turn around without thinking and make eye contact with him. His soft blue eyes study my pale complexion, freckled cheeks, and grey eyes. I look deep into his eyes, then up to his dark brown eye browns, matching his hair, then looking back into his eyes the same time he looks into mine. I turn my head and focus on the fridge.

"Charlie" Nash says slowly.

I always get chills when he calls me Charlie. I shiver then nod.

He looks into my eyes, "what are we doing?" He rests his head in his hand.