The Vallite King

Finally, after what seemed like eight chapters, we found the throne room, doors closed. Corrin breathed in, then exhaled. "Okay everyone. Here we are. The throne room. And inside is the Vallite king, Anankos. I'll step in first." She said. "What? You can't think we would let you fight alone, do you?" Xander asked. "No, that's not it. The Rainbow Sage said that the Seal of Flames is the key to beating Anankos. So if I can't deal a solid hit, you all might not be able to deal damage either." She explained. "That is a good point. We will follow your lead then." Ryoma nodded. We pushed the door open and run in. "Anankos! It's the end of-huh?" Corrin shouts, but stopped. The room was completely empty. Three Ragnarok spells trigger behind Corrin and Azura, exploded everyone else in the party, including me. The two turn to face us, asking what happened. "What? What was that?" Xander wondered. "Magic. But from who?" I asked. "Why didn't those two get hit?" Leo asked next. Gunter was silent, then got our attention. "It all makes sense now. Those two were the attackers. Corrin killed Scarlet!" He accused her. "What?! No!" Corrin denied this immediately. "Explain Gunter. Why do you think that?" Ryoma asked. "Think about it. They are Vallites, aren't they? Vallite royalty no less. And, Lady Corrin was the last to jump with Scarlet, giving her the only chance to kill her." He explained. "No. It didn't do it!" Corrin defended herself. "Solid points Gunter. But one thing doesn't add up." I say. "Why would she be attacked by a certain soldier, as I saw in the chapter before?" I asked. Gunter was silent, and dodged the question. "That is irrelevant. Needless to say, this was all just a Vallite ploy!" He shouted. "He totally dodged my question." I say in my head. "I didn't do it. Believe me." She said. "Please, Lady Corrin. Your begging is quite pointless." Gunter said as he approached her on his horse. "I didn't do it." She said, and paused. She looked like she was having a flashback. "But I know who did." She announced. "Oh? A sudden revelation? Let's hear it then." He said, still armed with his lance. "Scarlet's killer...was you, Gunter!" She said and pointed her sword. Gunter was silent for a bit. "How disappointing. Accusing your accuser. How desperate can one be." He tried to hide it. "No. It makes sense. You completely dodged my question before. So I suspected something was up with that." I say. "And, I have proof. Me and Scarlet were the last to jump, that's true. But before the jump, does anyone remember seeing a flower on Scarlet's chest?" She asked everyone. Everyone shook their heads, saying no. "That's because the flower was burned away from the attack she protected me from. Then, if that happened, how did you know she had that flower pinned to her chest?" She asked. Again, silence. "Heheh... AHAHAHAHAHA!" He laughed aloud. "Very cleaver Lady Corrin. Very cleaver indeed." He praised her, and walked to the throne. Sitting in it, he raised his leg and rested it on his other. After explaining his reasoning, he put it simply and said that Anankos was him, and he was Anankos. Without any hesitation, the battle started, and enemies began to appear from the water in the room.

"Vallite soldiers will appear from the water, so be careful." Azura explained. A warm light appeared around Corrin and Azura. "This light. It's so warm. Are you protecting me, mother?" Corrin and Azura asked. The answer was yes. We move forward, making sure to stay inside the ward protecting Corrin and Azura. The lock pickers move to the left wing, and the right wing to open the chests. Gunter waited for us at the throne. "In the name of the king of Valla, I sentence you...TO DEATH!!" He announced, and slammed his spear into me. I shoot forward and stab him with my sword, but with his heavy armor, I didn't do much. Corrin followed up my attack with a swing from the Alpha Yato, but did roughly the same amount of damage. "So, Corrin? After this betrayal, can you truly find it in yourself to believe in everyone?" Gunter asked. "Yes." Corrin said. "Well I'll be. I don't know if you're naive, or just plain stupid." He said and I attacked again, getting a critical hit, and sending him flying off his horse. We won.

Gunter stood up, and held his sword tightly. "I-I will not fall. Not here!" He shouted. "Gunter! It's over! Please!" Corrin said to him. He didn't seem to be listening. Just then, Azura started singing, and it seemed to have an effect on him. "Corrin! Keep talking to him!" Ryoma said. "I remember all those times we spent in the fortress. You were strict, and taught me discipline. But you also taught me how to laugh, and be kind to other." She stated, and walked up to him. It seemed as if her words reached him, but he soon raised his sword again. "GGGAAAAAHHHHH!!" He screamed, and brought the sword down, stabbing his own stomach. He soon fell to the floor, and lay there unconscious.

Sakura and Elise healed him, and he soon opened his eyes. "Lady Corrin. Do you remember when I told you that I refused King Garon's gift of dragon blood?" He asked. "Yes." She answered. "After that, he grew to despised me. He had my wife and child killed." He said. "That's horrible." Corrin thought. "But that wasn't all. He also killed everyone on my hometown." He added. "I wanted to get my revenge on him. So I used you to get into the royal family." He said. "I only befriended you to get back at Garon. To eventually use you to kill him for me." He told us. "This was my opinion on royals. We peasants are nothing but pawns, or weeds to be killed off." He explained. After a few more moments of clearing up, a loud sound was heard behind the throne. We didn't notice it before, but there was a giant face of a sleeping male. A dark veil surrounded it, and it slide out and faced us, opening its sealed off mouth. This...was Anankos.