The Unfortunate

Chapter 2:

A loud noise woke me in the middle of the night. I thought that it was just my imagination but, that is kind of hard to do when there are dead people swarming the shelter. “Wait What!?!”  They’re getting in, and it’s not going to be long until they get in. We have to get out quick. I gather all of the things that I can and go out the back. Hopefully they don’t notice me but as usually I spoke to soon. They could smell me and they were slowly making their way to me. I took out my gun and sure enough there was no ammo. I quickly ran back into the shelter and into the room with the locked ammo cabinet. Where are the keys! Damn. There is no time for this. I hit the lock as hard as I could and luckily it broke. In one swift movement I grabbed the ammo and loaded my gun. My whole life depended on it now to get me out of this swarm. A few shots to the head ant they will be out, I never thought that it would be that hard. I always missed so instead of wasting my ammo one the air I used the heel of the gun to bash in their heads. Worked just as well.

I needed to find another good place to hide until the morning and since they can’t climb why not find a tree. I knew that there was a really got one in the park not too far from here hopefully it’s not gone or burned down. Just over the hill I saw the top of the tree. I ran, while my blood soaked clothes chilled my body. I looked for any signs of danger before I flew up the tree to the highest and yet safest branch to sit on. Just in case I had to jump for my life. As I slip into my thoughts I see in the distance some figures going to the base. They found him…… those were my last thoughts and then I was out.

I was in front of my little sister, brother, and my mom. They were all smiling at me. I remember that was the day that I got my degree in criminal law. Not like it’s going to do my any good now. The bright image then went dark and turned into a nightmare. My brother screaming, shaking, as his warm blood spilt onto the floor. His tears and mine were soaking the cloth on his eyes.  As I got to spend the last few minutes with him I thought of all of the good times that we had and hoped that he might, just might, turn back to his normal self not like one of them. He tackled me and I had no other choice. I pulled the 50cal and struggled to point it directly onto his head. He groaned as my grip tightened and I…….. I then woke soaked in sweat. I never wanted to relive that moment or even think about it but, it seemed to me that it was all my fault. I watched the sunrise and hoped that this would all be over soon.

I hoped you liked it…. Ill try and post the next chapter as soon as possible. Please rate and comment if you want to. :D hope you enjoyed