Prologue

IN LOVE WE TRUST

PROLOGUE

Pour it up, pour it up

Watch it fall out

Throw it up, throw it up

That's how we ball out

Rihanna’s voice took over the raging club. People were grinding intensely and drinking non stop. Chris Brown, his girlfriend Karrueche, Drake, Jhene and Cassie were all sitting in the V.I.P section of The Blue Room, drinking and partying ‘til the sun came up. They were waiting for Trey to arrive with his new girlfriend.

“Strip clubs and dolla billsssss!” slurred Karrueche, while giving Chris a playful lap dance. Chris and Karrueche have been going strong for almost 11 months now. They met at a party up in Southampton in ’09 and have been talking ever since. Cassie pointed over to the west side of the club and everyone looked; it was finally Trey. Jhene yelled to try and get Trey’s attention. He quickly headed over to her, holding an unknown hand.

“Ayooo wassup y’all!” he said eagerly. They hadn’t seen each other since about 3 weeks ago. They were hype to see one another that night. “Whose hand were you holding?” Jhene asked, sipping some Hennessey.

“Oh, right, right,” Trey replied, acting as if he forgot something.

“This is my shawty, Lauren.” He stepped out the way and revealed a short, but thick, yellowbone beauty.

“Damn.” said Chris. Karrueche gasped and slapped his chest.

“My bad.” he apologized, sinking lower, but still not failing to take his eyes off of Lauren.

“She is baaaaad,” Chris thought.

“Hi everyone,” Lauren greeted, shyly. Everyone gave her a warm welcoming except Karrueche.  As soon as she sat down, everyone started pounding Lauren with questions.

“Where are ya from?”

“Atlanta.”

“How old are you?”

“26.”

“What do you do?”

“I’m an actress.”

“Virgin?”

“Okay, that’s enough, I ain’t tryna have y’all scare her away.” Trey said, interrupting their interrogation.

The whole crew, including Lauren talked and danced and had fun that night. But that was only the beginning of what was in store for them.

     “Tremaine, your friends are … interesting, especially that Karachi girl.” Lauren confessed to Trey ton the drive back to their hotel room. “Haha bae don’t worry ‘bout them, they just messin’ witchu. And that’s how Karrueche always is, you’ll get used to it, if you stick around.” Trey replied goofily, playfully punching her. Laughing, Lauren said, “I’m serious, like they all were judging me like I’m some kind of hoe or something. They obviously don’t know how much I care about you.” Trey smiled. He leaned in and kissed Lauren on her cheek. Then, he started nibbling on her ear. “Treeemaineeee, the light.” She said softly. He ignored her and kept going, taking one hand off the wheel and relocated it to under her dress. “Tremaineeee. Uhhhhhhh. TREY THE LIGHT.” He hopped up and quickly put his foot on the gas and drove. “Damnnn girl. I gotchu when we get back to the room though.” He said, teasingly. Lauren retorted, “I gotchu first baby,” winking.

They arrived at the Four Seasons hotel in LA. Trey piggybacked Lauren all the way to their room on the top floor. They’d be staying there for about 2 weeks. It just began their whirlwind of what was to come.