Chapter Seven

I can't believe Shane did that, everything was fine, those Walkers weren't hurting anyone. I may not have liked the fact that they were there but it gave Hershel a piece of mind.

Maggie was holding Hershel as they both looked wrecked. I didn't know what to do, part of me wanted to go and hug Maggie but another part of me felt sick, all the Walkers sprawled out on the floor infront of the barn.

Beth tripped as she stumbled towards the dead Walkers and bent down next to one which I could only assume was her mother. However, she wasn't dead, she groaned as she reached for Beth and pulled at her hair.

She was screaming and trying to jerk away from her but she wasn't strong enough. The panic set in but no one moved.  I mean this was Beth we were talking about someone had to do something.

I ran over to Beth and her mother stabbing a scythe through her head as Beth fell back. I pulled the scythe out of her mother's head and turned to Beth to pull her up. 

I pulled her into a hug and pulled her away from everyone else. "Shh... It's okay."I whispered stroking her hair softly as she cried into my shoulder.

"She's gone." She sobbed. Her mom was gone way before now but I guess seeing the brutality of it chances your perspective.

"I know but you're okay, you're dad's okay and Maggie's okay. That's what really matter right?" I asked and she nodded into my chest. "Look at me." I whispered. 

"Now, your mom is in heaven beaming down her love for you and your sister. She's keeping you safe in this world. Keeping you from being bitten.  She's still with you honey. Okay?" She nodded and smiled a weak smile.

"Thank you. You always know what to say." I smiled before she walked off back into the farmhouse.

I couldn't go back into that farmhouse. Not yet, I felt sick and needed to get away for a little bit. I headed to the edge of the farm looking out beyond the fences.

"Lexi!" I flipped my head around and saw Carl running towards me as best he could stop recovering from his gunshot wound.

"Hey." I smiled at him as he got closer.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked. Me and Carl weren't close, we had spoken once about my daughter but nothing big. It made me concerned to why he wanted to talk to me.

"Sure. What's up?" I replied and he sighed leaning against the fence looking back at his camp.

"Its just about Sophia.  I know you didn't know her but you should have. I can't talk to my mom or dad about this because they won't listen. I just... I wanted to be the one to find Sophia and for her to be alive and bring her back safely." He explained to me and my heart went out to the little boy, he had been through so much at such a young age.

"I know you did but Sophia is in a better place now. No more suffering, no more running." I told him quietly. 

"I think my dad did the right thing. I would have done the same if I was in his position." He told me and I looked at him in surprise.

"Let's be thankful you weren't then Hey?" He laughed slightly and nodded.

"Yeah. I was just hoping she would have been alive. I mean she's Carols daughter and Carol has been through enough to lose Sophia too." He sighed.

"I know but that's just the world we're living in now. You're a good kid Carl, don't let the monsters in the world change you." I told him and he nodded. 

"Thank you for talking to me about this." He said and hugged me,I was surprised but I adored Carl, he was such a good kid.

"Anytime you need to talk, you can always come and find me. I'll be happy to talk to you about anything." I told him and watched his walk back towards the camp and hug his mom.