6

*flashback*

"HYUNG!!!!"

Taehyung poked his head out of his locker, to see Jungkook running up to him. Again. 

"Hyung, hyung, can you spare a moment?"

The older looked Jungkook, he wasn't ready to face him. He didn't want Jungkook to think of this wrongly. 

"What is it Jungkook?" 

Jungkook could hear the thin layer of arrogance in his voice, but he couldn't understand it. From memory, his hyung had always called him Kookie especially in the morning.

"You weren't at the competition."

"Yes I wasn't, and I don't think I need to tell you that." Inside Taehyung was falling apart at how he was speaking so rudely to Jungkook, but it was something that he had to do. 

"Hyung come with me."

The younger took Taehyung's hand and dragged him to the rooftop.

---------------------------------

They looked out to the city around them from the edge of the building. This was a place that only the two of go, the memories made here had a special place in both of their hearts. 

Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?"

The older was fidgeting about, he knew when Jungkook addresses him with his name he will do everything possible to get what he wants from him.

"I-I, there's nothing wrong."

"Don't lie to me Tae," Jungkook was losing his patient grabbing onto Taehyung's shoulders,"just tell me why weren't you there, you promised me to be there didn't you?"

Taehyung was mentally preparing himself for what he was going to say.

"I don't need you," Taehyung breathes out looking at the ground.

"what"

"I don't need you, actually you're dragging me down."

"What do you mean?," confused at what his hyung is saying.

"It's easy to tell who is the better one out of us Jungkook, I started vocal training way before you did, it only makes sense to move on from you."

"Hyung...." Jungkook tried to say something but there was a lump in his throat and all he could do was stand there.

"Goodbye Jungkook."

Back home the younger isolated himself from his family and, well, everyone. He rarely ate, he just couldn't. All he wanted was his hyung. 

A few minutes past and he couldn't take it anymore the sadness built up so much and he needed to let it out. That night Jungkook fell asleep with tear marks on his face, but little did he know that the other did too.

A/N: Sorry for the bad chapter, but I hope whoever is reading this is safe and healthy. Also I just realised how short this is........ oh well.