Chapter 1

"You are free to go in."

Mazikeen grins at me with wide eyes, excited as a child. I feel the opposite- what if the child doesn't like me? Will I be a good father? I shake off my petrified feelings and open the door.

She looks up at me with a smile as bright as the sun.
"It's a girl, if you must know, Lucifer." She whispers, stroking the new-born's head. I rush over and wrap an arm around my wife, then kiss her forehead.
"You're okay! I've gotta be honest here, Detective, I really thought you were going to die." I say with a serious expression. She laughs gently, then looks down at our child with as much love as I have for her.
"Look at what we've created..." Chloe rests her head on my shoulder as I gaze in awe. "She has your face..."
Suddenly there is a knock on the door and Maze pokes her head through the door.
"Sorry, but everyone is a bit impatient. May we join you?" She winks at us and opens the door. People swarm in: Amenadiel, Linda, Dan, Trixie,  Ella, even Charlotte Richards at the back. I chuckle.
"Want to hold our daughter?" Chloe asks. I stand up and take the baby from her arms. My daughter looks up at my and giggles.
"Hey, baby girl... I have a feeling you and I are going to get along just fine." I whisper, my eyes filling. I stroke her head.
"Welcome to the world, Alaana..." I whisper, kissing her forehead as everyone gathers to get a look at the new child in the word.