셰 • three

"so.. this sun woo guy is that girl's boyfriend, i assume?" he asks, placing the pizza down unto the coffee table as he sits down on the couch, taking my phone and placing it beside the pizza. "you guessed correctly." i said, sitting up as i let out a sigh. "do you still like him?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows. i shook my head.

"i don't see him in that way.. at least not anymore." i said. "your cheeks are red." he says, letting out a soft chuckle. i cover my face, curling into a ball again. "anyway, from how you reacted earlier on.. it seemed to me like you still like him." he tells me honestly. "i guess i might have overreacted." i said, biting the inside of my cheek. "but i'm sure he'll understand it. he knows that i say stupid things when i'm angry." i say with a shrug.

"let's eat the pizza and forget our problems then." he says with a smile, after awhile of silence. "something's bothering you?" i asked. he nods. "just a past relationship that keeps haunting me." he explained simply. "ah.." i said, nodding. i didn't want to continue any further into the topic. "it's fine if you want to ask questions." he assures me, letting out a laugh.

"well.. was it bad on your side or her side?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "i broke up with her, if that's what you were asking. at first.. the relationships was unreal.. it was what i thought i wanted.. then i realised that she only liked me because we were debuting at that time." he tells me with a chuckle, shaking his head.

"she even called days after the break up, confessing that she was only with me for the fame." he says with a sigh. "i guess sun woo's girlfriend and your ex has a lot in common." i said, nodding as i bit into a slice of pizza. "i'm not that lucky.. when it comes to relationships anyway." he says with a shrug.

"it's fine. you'll find someone. love isn't something you can find over the night. if it was, then everybody would be in love by now." i said with a shrug. "well, how bout you? other than sun woo of course." he says. i shook my head.

"i never really had an interest in relationships.. even when i liked sun woo. i guess, it was always just safer to keep it as a crush." i said with a shrug. "don't you want some affection though?" he questioned. "of course. but i'd rather not get hurt." i said, slowly tearing apart the crust.

"remember how i said i was born in america?" i asked. he nods. "my dad was born in america. mom flew there because of suspicions that he was cheating on her. days after i was born, mom discovered that he was indeed cheating. but she knew that i needed some type of father figure, so we stayed for a few years." i said with a hiccup. "my mom and i came back to korea. days after, i realised that my dad wasn't with us. then i saw some letters in the mail, concerning a divorce."

"i'm sorry." rowoon says, eyeing me carefully. "i am too, for my mother." i muttered.

"so that's why you don't want to be in a relationship?" he asks. "i don't want to be in a relationship.. because i don't want someone to be in control of my emotions. i don't want to have my world revolve around someone.. only to have them hurt me, after awhile." i said, taking another slice of pizza from the box.

"we should've gotten beer too." rowoon says, changing the topic. i laugh. "i still have school tomorrow, oppa." i reminded him. "ah. do you want me to drive you to school tomorrow?" he offers. "i'm sure i can manage. i should start to familiarise myself with the path anyway." i told him.

"trick question. i'll drive you to school from now on. aren't i the best?" he asks sarcastically. i chuckle. "i told my friends that you were a girl." i admitted. "what?!" he asks, his eyes widening immediately. "sorry!" i said, covering my mouth as i laughed. "do i look like a girl to you? yah. this isn't funny." he says with a frown. "no, you're a little handsome. don't worry." i assured him, making him smile.