열한 • eleven

"you didn't have to drive me here. you have a schedule of your own too." i told rowoon as we neared the studio. "it's fine. i intend to make the most out of the rest of your time living with me." he says with a smile. i chuckle, shaking my head. "do your best, make me proud." he says as he stops the car right in front of the building. i nod, smiling as i faced him.

"thank you oppa.. you have no idea how grateful i am to have you." i said. he raises a hand, placing it on my head. "clueless pabo." he mutters under his breath. "i'll see you later for dinner. i'll pick you up, so just text me okay?" he says. i nod, ignoring his little mumble. i got out of the car and closed the door, waiting for the car to drive off before i entered the building and went to the room that jina texted me.

i greeted the staff that were already there, bowing politely. they greeted me back whilst they set up the equipment. i went over to the couch here the girls were. "leader-nim. i got everyone coffee this morning. here's yours." yun ji tells me. "woah. thank you." i said, smiling as i took the cup from her.

[a/n : hey everybody. just wanted to let all of you know that i'll be changing the girls' company from jyp to sm. you'll eventually learn why as the chapter progresses. it's really just for the story's sake!]

"annyeonghaseyo." jina says as she steps in, her chunky heels hitting the wooden planked studio floor as she walked. "today, you'll be having your sunbaes step in. it's sort of like a buddy system." she explains, placing her things down unto the table.

then, a group of guys stepped in. i was a little confused, not knowing who they were. but the girls seemed plenty excited.

i bowed, greeting them politely while the girls had a mini freak out. "to the world, here is nct! annyeonghaseyo, nct-inmida!" the group of them said, synchronising perfectly.

"unfortunately, not all of them will be here. only four of them, to aid to four of you." jina explains. four of them step forward. each of them introduce themselves.

taeyong. yuta. johnny. mark.

johnny was paired with naomi. yuta was paired with yun ji. i was paired with taeyong and mark was paired with lia, which she was especially happy about.

"alright. i'll leave you be to get to know each other." jina says as she leaves the room, having the other boys follow her out. "congratulations on being able to progress to an actual group." taeyong says with a smile, looking at all of us.

"well, we all know that we can't simply bond like this.. how about some food?" johnny suggests. the girls and i nod, agreeing. "pd-nim has ordered food for all of you." one of the staff says, bringing to my attention that they were filming us.

i slowly whispered to each of the girls, after i saw that taeyong was doing the same. "did he really?" naomi asks, with a slightly shocked expression. the door opens and staff members with plastic bags came in. we rolled out a mat on the floor, sitting down on it as we slowly uncovered all the food.

"thank you pd-nim!" i said, smiling as i eyed the food, bowing towards the camera afterwards. "we'll continue to work hard." yuta says with a smile.

"noona, you speak english right?" mark asks. i nod, giving him a smile. "we did a little bit of research." johnny admits. "nct127's comeback is coming soon, right?" lia asks, as she gives them a small smile. taeyong nods. "are you a fan?" he asked. the three girls nodded. then eyes landed on me. "a-ah.. i don't really listen to kpop, so i really just knew of all of you today." i admitted, trying to be polite.