아홉 • nine

"happy birthday to you!" they sang, clapping along. "alright, make a wish." inseong says, giving me a smile. i shut my eyes, taking a deep breath in, nodding before i blew out the candles. they cheered, clapping. "alright, let's eat." i told them as youngbin and zuho slowly removed the candles from the cake.

i took the knife, pressing it into the cake and making a cut, taking out a slice and placing each slice on everybody's plates before i put one on mine. soon, there were no longer any slices left. "why did all of you decide to come? you didn't have to. it's so late already." i said, looking at the clock.

"we just wanted to make this day special for you." dawon says with a smile. "plus, don't you know that these losers don't have lives?" rowoon says, earning glares and hits from his friends. i laugh, shaking my head.

"noona, can i have a strawberry?" chani asks. i nod, giving him a smile. "aish. she should have the toppings." taeyang scolds jokingly. "it's fine. help yourselves." i insisted. "can you live with us instead?" hwiyoung asks, earning a glare from rowoon. "we can bring him too." jaeyoon says in disgust. "hyung." rowoon says with a frown.

cute.

i shook my head, distracting myself from whatever i was thinking. "so how was your day?" dawon asks. "did rowoon do anything stupid?" youngbin asks, making everybody laugh while he sulks, hugging a pillow. "it was a little sad at first.. then it was all good." i assured them with a smile. they nod, satisfied that my birthday was well spent.

soon, we finished all the cake. i cleaned up and threw the boxes out. when i came back into the house, they had boxes in their hands. "we wanted to give you gifts as well." my eyes drifted to each and everyone of them, stopping at rowoon who had a box as well. i furrowed my eyebrows.

but he's been home with me, all day?

"you guy didn't have to." i said, looking at the all of them. "we wanted to. what's a birthday without presents?" zuho says with a smile as he looks down to me. i chuckle, shaking my head. "yah. all of you, put down those boxes and give me a hug." i said as i began to sniffle. "noona!" chani cooed, frowning as he sees that i was about to cry. they did as i said, coming to me as they brought me into a group hug.

"unfortunately, we have a curfew for our dormitory and we're dead if we go past it. we'll come back some other day, okay?" youngbin says. i nod, giving them a smile as i shooed them off.

soon, they all left the mansion. i went back into the house, stacking the presents as i lifted them off the couch. "i'll help." rowoon says, taking most of them away from me. "t-thank you." i muttered. he nods, walking up the stairs and opening my door gently.

he places the boxes down unto my bed, looking at me as i put mine down as well. "don't.. think about what happened if you don't want to.. i don't want you to feel like you need to feel the way i do." he tells me, trying to show me a smile. "oppa-" "enjoy the rest of your birthday, jisu. there's still thirty minutes left. i'll leave you be to enjoy your presents."

"oppa, how did you get me a gift? you were here all day." i asked. "when i sent in those applications, i had to include some of your information. i found out that your birthday was today. yesterday, i went to get you your gift." he says with a smile.

he chuckles. "i wanted to be a little selfish about knowing too. i wanted to spend this day with you, so i could feel like we were a thing.. but i had to tell the boys." he explains.

"thank you." i whispered. "no problem-" "nobody.. has ever made me this happy on my birthday. my past birthdays have always been spent in my studio apartment, eating ramen." i said with a chuckle, soon finding that my eyes were watery. "oppa, there's a minute left to my birthday." i told him. he nods. "can i have one more present from you?" i asked. he furrows his eyebrows.