Sue

A/N: Hey there lovely readers!! It feels good to know that I'm not alone out there so if you like parts of this story please vote and or comment! Feel free to give your opinions {good or bad} to help me improve. This story is my first, so if you see typos in the story point them out. Please and thank you.

~~••~~Ok people here's a bit of

backstory on how this story actually got written. For a school English project the class was shown three different pictures, and we had to base a narrative essay on one of the pictures. I was the only one that chose my particular picture and I hope that you like the story. {P.S. The cover is not the picture.} -M~~••~~

CHAPTER ONE

Sue

        "I HATE YOU!!!!" a young female voice screeched. Then a resounding BANG!! The door slammed closed so hard that the windows rattled in their panes. 14 year old Sue Johnson let loose a scream of frustration and rage. Sue had been waiting for weeks to visit her grandfather's grave, and now her mother was wimping out the night before they went. She refused to go anywhere near the grave yard because it was one year tomorrow that the funeral had taken place.

        Sue had been yearning to feel close to him for months because she felt so alone. The feeling intensified when Sue caught a glance of his old guitar in her closet as she restlessly paced the floor. She slowly walked over, picked it up, and gently strummed the first chord he ever taught her as she started to cry. She missed the goofy hat he always wore, his soft voice singing lullabies as he carried her up to bed. Sue missed her grandfather's laughter filling the whole room with warmth and joy, and his incessant teasing about Sue's braids.

        Sue collapsed on her bed exhausted by her anger and the pain of the loss, now fresh in her mind. After a while, Sue fell into a restless sleep, still clutching the guitar covered in her tears.