Sue

CHAPTER THREE

Sue

Sue woke up to the all too familiar sound of her grandfather's voice singing along with the sound of his guitar. She flung herself into his waiting arms after sprinting down the stairs. Oh how she had missed the smell of his cologne!! Then Sue heard the sound of quiet footsteps on the hardwood floor. She turned to see her mother waltzing towards them. Sue ran over.

"I am so sorry mom I can't belive how insensitive and ungrateful an-" Ara interupted her daughter with a voice like silk.

"Of course you are forgiven!! My dear, you mean more to me than anything else. I have stayed up all night hoping that YOU would forgive ME!"

"Oh mom!!! How could we both have been so terribly foolish!! Let's try to be more reasonable in the future."

"Agreed!! Now, staying up the entire night has left me exhausted. I need to sleep. Good-night love!"

"Night mom! Sleep well!"

Ara padded back to her room and gently closed the door.

With her grandfather in the old rocking chair, Sue sat beside him on a stool. There they stayed all day talking, laughing, remembering, and finally as the day wore down, singing.

Sue sat there entranced by the movement of her grandfather's fingers sliding across the strings of the guitar. Slowly, Sue's eyes began to droop as well as her posture.

In the wee hours of the morning, her grandfather set the guitar down gently beside the chair and sat down behind the piano. He started to play Sue's favorite song, "Claire de Lune." As the last haunting notes rang through the air, Sue felt herself lifted into the air and the gentle rocking that could only mean that her grandfather was carrying her upstairs. after being set gently upon her bed, Sue faintly heard, "Sleep well, darling," before the world drifted into darkness.

And then she woke up.

~~~~Welcome back my darlings!!!!! I'm SO sorry for the delay in updating this story! I have had flag corp practice all summer and I lost the written draft of the story so I had to just wing it. I really hope that you liked it and as always comment, vote, and recommend away! Keep it cool my awesome readers!!! ~~M~~