1. The question

Fukunaga stared down at his best friend who was curled up on his sofa with him watching horrible day time talk shows which were so cringe filled it counted as it's own sort of humour, which was normal- but this felt odd. Something about it was bugging him, it was hard to tell though, since Shanice was acting more or less the same.

Suddenly, she shot out of their comfortable cuddling position as if he just told her that he killed her entire family, and looked at him worriedly, which looked a little odd with the Ellen show playing in the background.

"Can...can I ask you something?" She seemed embarrassed, clearly, as she hid her face with her hair and looked down after asking.

Fukunaga nodded and she quickly blurted out the words "date me" which took him aback slightly, but she seemed to realise her mistake as she quickly explained that she meant fake dating and her reasonings were fairly straight forward. Her ex boyfriend was making fun of her for being single and boys in her class kept making gross comments to her.

Fukunaga took her hand in his, it was a lot smaller because she was a lot smaller but he didn't mind. It was preferable, after all, he did hold them often, even if they didn't date - they touched each other more than they would allow anyone else to. He never pushed for more than simple things like this though, despite his love for the short manager. Once she looked up, he smiled and nodded- she appeared taken aback, which was fair- he didn't smile often. She deserves this much though, at least.

"Guess we'll out date everyone, huh?" She smiled, suddenly any tenseness left her body as she leaned up to kiss the side of his mouth, a thank you? He hoped that was the case as he tried to fight the blush spreading on his cheeks.

He slipped his hands from hers and signed a question of his own "Do you want to stay over tonight?" It was common for her to stay, his parents both adored her and his little sister couldn't get enough of her- always begging him to marry her when he could, so her staying over would be ideal for everyone.

"I'll ask my mum! She should be okay with it though, as long as I don't mention that we're 'fucking.'" She DID finger quotes at the word fucking but it didn't stop the harsh red blush from enveloping his face as she winked and skipped off to contact her mother.

He sighed and slipped into the couch. Could he manage this? Wouldn't it be hell? Torture knowing that she's only with him to get others to leave? He needed something more.

Little did he know, in the bathroom, Shanice slid down the door with a sigh. She had the same problem.