Prom.

Summary: Liam goes to his high school prom, and Zayn becomes his date.

<

Harry barged into my room with a bright smile. "Liam get ready, you are going to prom." He happily announced.

"Huh?" I looked up from my phone, looking at my friend. "I don't think so,"

"I said: Get ready." Harry demandingly said.

I curled myself up into my duvet since I was laying in bed, refusing to give into Harry. "I don't want to go," I mumbled, hoping that he would give up.

Last week was a tough week for me; I broke up with my long term boyfriend, Ian. I had found out that he was being unfaithful to me for a long time and I broke things off immediately. Of course the break up struck me harder than it struck him, because I was sulking over a stupid guy with pretty blue eyes and dark brown hair. I can't believe I was so stupid to believe all his stupid lies and excuses.

"Liam," Harry sighed loudly, making his way over to my bed and sitting on the edge of it. "Mate, I know you recently broke up with Ian." He said with a smile that screamed sympathy. "But tonight might be your lucky night,"

"Lucky night?" I sat up, giving Harry an unbelievable look. "Harry I broke up with Ian for only over a week ago. Do you expect me to just hit on another guy in a matter of seconds and make him mine in one night? Do you know how long it took me to make Ian mine? Two years Harry, two fucking years." I told him, holding up two fingers only to drop them again as I looked Harry in the eyes. "Why did he cheat on me, Harry? I gave him everything of me, everything he wanted and fucking needed. " I looked down to my hands on my lap as my vision became blurry, tears filling my eyes.

"Liam," Harry immediately cooed, getting on my bed. "It's okay, mate. Come here." He opened his arms for me and I scooted closer to him, nuzzling my face in his neck. "Ian doesn't deserve someone as sweet, caring and beautiful as you, okay? He never did and never will." He sighed deeply, stroking my back as I let out soft cries and sobs. "Maybe it was a sign that you and him were not meant to be for each other. I know there's someone out there for you, Li."

As Harry had said that, I slowly started to calm down. At times Harry would whisper that it was all going to be alright and how perfect I was. He'd pull me close and comfort me, making me less upset. We stayed in the position of cuddling in total silence for a couple of minutes until Harry pulled away.

"So what do you say, are you coming?" He hopefully asked.

I looked at him for a moment before sighing loudly.

"Okay, fine." I said, rubbing my puffy eyes.

"Yes!" He cheered, cupping my cheeks in his hands and kissing my temple.

I chuckled in response, slapping his hands away. "Stop being so touchy, Harold."

Harry and I were friends ever since pre-K and he was the only one who always knew how to put a smile on my face. I should consider myself lucky for having a great friend like him - I truly did love and care about him.

"Now go get ready. I'll be downstairs waiting for you." Harry got off my bed, ruffling my floppy quiff. "And please hurry up a bit, prom starts in an hour." He said, heading to the door.

"I'll try," I mumbled, even though he probably hadn't heard me as the door had clicked shut when he walked out of my room.

Sighing loudly, I got off my bed and walked over to my closet - sliding the door open. The suit that I was supposed to wear tonight was neatly hanging on a hanger, mocking me. I took it out of the closet and neatly placed it on my bed.