37

NIKITA's POV -

I spin my head towards Dhruv while furrowing my brows in confusion.

I remember him saying something like this before in the hospital before the ward boy (gang leader) interrupted him but I still can't figure out what he is trying to say.

I open my mouth to ask for clarification but before I can say something, the gang leader storms towards Dhruv and kicks him on his stomach making him fall on the floor while clutching his stomach in pain.

"Mother fucker..when will you learn to mind your own business and let me do my job peacefully." He spits and pulls Dhruv up by the collars of his shirt. 

"See.." The gang leader makes Dhruv face Riya. "..it's because of this habit of yours that your sister has a gun pointed on her forehead at the age of watching shitty barbie movies without any care in the world."

I roll my eyes and remove the mouth of gun from Shaurya's forehead.

"You know..you've to be more intimidating to be a gang leader..even Danny seems more intimidating than you do." I bite my tongue instantly and clear my throat, keeping a straight face.

I don't know when I will learn to be quiet in such serious situations. I literally had a gun pointed towards my husband a few seconds ago because of this mouth of mine. But that's not entirely my fault, the weirdness of these people can piss anybody off.

The gang leader blinks thrice then grits his teeth in anger.

He storms towards me and with a blink of eye, strangles my throat with his right hand, pushing me back until my body is hardly pressed against the wall.

My face becomes red and breathe almost stops. I hear the sound of punches and kicks and screams of "No!" and "Leave her." coming from my left as I struggle to get his hand off my neck.

Black dots start blocking my vision and body starts getting numb.

I blink twice and with all the energy left inside me, I knee him on his balls. He finally removes his hand from my neck and falls on the floor while screaming in pain.

I kick on his stomach twice until a woman slaps me and then kicks on the back of my knee making me fall on the ground on my knees and then presses the mouth of a gun on my forehead.

"No!" I spin my head towards Shaurya to see him struggling in the grip of a muscular man and a woman with a man pointing gun at him from a distance of one foot. His face has turned slightly red and blood is coming out from his lips and head with a bruise forming on his left cheek.

"Shaurya.." I whisper. "..calm down..I'm fine."

"You bastard..whoever is paying you..wants to get revenge from me then why are you hurting her..do anything with me..I won't even blink..but leave her..leave my family alone..they haven't done anything wrong with you or whoever that asshole is." 

"No..step back Nisha..we don't have orders to kill her." Danny says in a bored tone while lighting his cigarette.

Nisha removes gun from my head and without a care of world sits back on the sofa she was earlier sitting on.

"Bitch!.." The gang leader yells, getting over the pain. "..If I knew that you're such a pain in the ass, I would have made you unconscious like I did last time."

I look up at him and press my palms on the floor to pull my body up.

"Last time?" I ask with a quizzical expression.