07

NIKITA's POV -

"Is Shaurya Agnihotri a rapist?

According to our sources, women of NGO gathered in front of Agnihotri mansion yesterday to protest against Shaurya Agnihotri for raping and then, forcefully marrying a woman. We're continuously trying to go in depth of this matter but none of the family members are willing to answer our questions."

A pic of Shaurya's ink stained face is attached with this news.

I read the viral news about Shaurya on internet and can't stop myself from smirking. One demerit of being popular is that, you sneeze in your room and it's news is on internet the next moment.

This is how I ruined the reputation of Mr.CEO before he even formed one.

Mentally patting my back, I turn off my phone and place it on table.

After yesterday's incident, Shaurya, Rehan and Father-in-law discussed on this topic for hours while I stayed in my room doing absolutely nothing.

"Uh..Nikita?" Shaurya calls me making my head to spin towards his direction automatically.

"Yeah?"

"Dad's friend is throwing a party tonight and dad wants us to go there." He bluntly says.

I knit my eyebrows together in confusion. 

I thought that they must be in tension because of that incident and media but here, they're thinking about going in a party.

Maybe they're used to such things. They're billionaires and popular so it is obvious that they are.

"Should I take it as a yes?" He asks, looking intently at my side.

"Did you even ask me anything?..You said it like..like.." What's up with my sarcastic replies?

"Like an order?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

I nod reluctantly.

"Please, be ready at 7:30." He says and disappears again.

I exhale a long breathe, scratching the back of my neck.

It's already getting dark, there is not much time left for me to get ready and I don't even have Ahana to do my makeup or hair.

Inwardly pulling my hair, I open my closet to choose a saree for me.

"Red?..no it's too bright..purple?..nah..baby blue?..perfect." It takes me half an hour to decide the saree and I finally take out the baby blue coloured saree with golden and silver work on it.

It is elegant and not so heavy. It is basically perfect.

I head on to shower and drape the saree perfectly.

And, now is the time to pull my hair out again. Makeup and hair.

I jump a little by the three consecutive knocks on the door.

"Who's there?"

"M'am, sir has sent me to help you in getting ready." I furrow my brows. 

How did he get to know that I need help? Is there a CCTV camera fitted somewhere in this room? That's how maybe he got to know about my plan in advance.

"OK..come in." I absentmindedly reply to whoever is standing on the other side of the door.

She opens the door wide enough for her to enter and smiles widely at me.