16

SHAURYA's POV -

"This.is.not.funny.asshole." I yell for the 15th time at Dhruv who is having a lack of oxygen supply due to laughing his ass off at me.

After 15 minutes of Nikita storming out of the victim's area, I came back to my senses and ran towards the parking area to find her but she being her, left without me. I tried calling her but instead of answering my call, she sent me a text message saying that "I didn't have the whole day to wait for you..you're a freaking CEO so give your driver some work to do and come back home soon."  I didn't focus on rest of the message except those last four words "come back home soon"  and smiled like a love struck puppy. For the first time after our marriage, I actually felt like my wife was talking to me, not a woman who hates me by all her guts. 

I was busy smiling and rereading those words that I didn't realise for some time that she has sent me another message.

I quickly opened it and chuckled instantly after reading it. 

"Or stay there..or do whatever you want..I don't care..you're free from my side anyway."

This woman and her insecurities!

I thought about calling my driver but instead ended up calling Dhruv to pick me up as I wanted to talk to someone about the strange things I was feeling at that moment.

Currently, I'm driving Etios Liva with my retard of a best friend sitting besides me on the passenger seat.

I just confessed my love for Nikita in front him and for some bizarre reason he is finding it really funny.

Why am I even friends with him in the first place?

"So..you're telling me that you're afraid because you've falled in love with your wife." He finally says after recovering from his laughter fit, emphasising on 'your wife' more than necessary. 

I roll my eyes and give him a weak nod.

"Come on man, she is your wife not some random hot chick..though there isn't any doubt that she is hot as.." His voice trails off as I give him a sideways glare making him put his hands up defensively. "I mean..she's your wife..you people are meant to love each other..what's there to be afraid of?"

My head falls back at the headrest and I heave a sigh before replying in almost a whisper "She hates me..and I'm..I'm not good for her."

From the corner of my eyes, I see him frowning and looking out of the window. His shoulders droop like a heavy weight is being kept on them and his eyes get darker. For the first time since we became friends, I'm unable to recognize him. He is looking like a stranger whose secrets are hidden from me. I frown as I sense the air surrounding us becoming mysterious.

Stop over thinking. He is being worried about you just like always. Nothing else. He will never hide anything from you..he never did and he never will.

I was about to shrug it off and focus on the road again when Dhruv mumbles something unusual, taking me by surprise.

"I'm sorry." His voice is filled with guilt and his words sound like they've a meaning hidden inside them.

Why is he saying sorry after all?

I open my mouth to ask him the same but my attention gets shifted to the loud horn sound that has the capability of destroying a person's eardrums to the extent of not being able to be repaired. My eyes immediately dart over to the truck approaching us in full speed.