Chapter 8

Raoul hit Francoeur and sent him flying. He still held onto Lucille and tried to turn his body so he would hit the ground first. Lucille fell out of his arms and near a building. Francoeur groaned a bit in pain and slowly got up. He felt his heart pound when he realized Raoul was racing after him again. He tried to get out of the way but got hit again, sending him into a building. 'How is he going fast enough to do that!?' He thought and he tried to get up again. He winced in pain and stared wide eyed at His once best friend as he positioned for another hit. He was trying to kill him! He started panting a bit in fear as the car came barreling towards him and he braced himself for the killing impact but then was pushed out of the way by someone. Lucille was by his side in a flash.

"Francoeur!" She exclaimed as she helped him get up. He looked back at who saved him and felt relief knowing it was the kind professor.

"Thank you-"

"Thank me later, we need to run." And run they did. They ran down the street as fast as they could as Raoul backed up Catherine and turned her around. "He is that mad?"

"Yes!" Francoeur told him, then he got an idea. "I need to do something, it will get him to leave you guys alone."

"Francoeur you are not going off on your own!" Lucille told him. She tripped and francoeur helped her up.

"Your going to have to trust me on this Lucille."

"But-"

"Lucille please! i don't want you to get hurt!" Francoeur pleaded with her. Lucille was gave her reluctant and quiet consent. "You going to need to run towards the cabaret, im going to go in the opposite direction."