Chapter 1:

Marina's POV: 

Smile. 

That's all.

 But why is it getting harder everyday? 

"Mar. Mar! Earth to Marina!" My best friends Luke and Adrienne shout in sync and then burst into giggles. "Whaaaaaaat" I groan. "You were sitting there smiling like a barbie doll." Luke claims, his smile fading. "Yeah..." Adrienne mutters and looks at me and then her vans with sad eyes. "Sorry I got no sleep. Adi you know that we talked last night." I say with a giggle. I can't lie to them so I look at the ground. "Adi I'm hijacking those shoes." I say quikly. Let's not talk about me faking every smile shall we. "Mari.... What's up lately? You've been...a ghost." Oh here we go. The only person who can call me Mari...."Luke nothing is wrong. Sorry I'm tired and don't get much sleep but it doesn't matter. Don't ask again, okay?  I get that I look like a sunken mess but you don't have to point it out." I snap, watching his eyes fill with worry, hurt, and love and I instantly regret it. "Look I'm sorry I snapped. Don't worry about me, okay? I'm fine." I say quietly with a smile. Damn, it's getting harder. I then turn away and crash directly into my brother Ashton and burst into laughter. "Ash when did you get there and you could have warned me!" I exclaim while everyone but Luke laughs at us."Nice going little one."Michael giggles at me and sticks his tongue out. "Mikey!! You're a meanie don't call me that." I say with a pout as I jump into his arms. From here I can see luke staring at us and then him quickly looking at the ground with sad eyes, almost in tears. He puts me down and we turn just in time to see Adrienne and Calum kiss. "I love you so much" He says and smiles against her lips. "I love you more Cal." She says as she pulls back. "Oh you think so do you?" He teases Adi. "I know so." "Try me!" And before I know it she's over his shoulder and he's running in circles with her screaming to put her down while giggling. "Not until you admit I love you more!" Awww I love them. "Okay! Okay put me down!" She giggles as he puts her down and they kiss. "Get a room sickos!" My obnoxiously single brother cries while covering his eyes. "Get over it Ash!" As I roll my eyes. " Babyyyyy. 'Michael whines at me. "Whaaaaat" I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. "I hate classes" "Me too but we got lucky with 10 A.M lectures today!" As we let go I see Luke walking quickly away and Adrienne calls out to him with no sign of response. I then book to where he is. I keep saying his name over and over as tears threaten to spill down my face. "Luke please. Stop. We love you come back!" I say as my voice breaks. "No Mari leave me alone!" And with that he runs and is gone. (AN: They are in college ages specified on character intro list.Also S/O to Bff Nessa again! She's going to be the one helping with every chapter bahahah. Well comment questions or whatever!)