Chapter 3:

Luke's POV:

*Flashback*

I can't believe she can't see it. She can't see that I'm the one who wants her. Who actually loves her. Respects, cherishes, and breathes for her. Not him. Not that idiot that's using her for kisses and popularity. Not the one that cheats on her with other skanks that don't have 1/8 the heart, compassion, and personality in their body that she has in her pinky nail. Her words keep repeating in my mind. "God Luke do you hear yourself? Mikey does love me with his whole heart. And if you actually cared like you say you do then you would see that. Damn it Luke don't you see it?!" " I've seen him cheating on you Marina!" She laughs her irritated laugh and then suddenly a book hits my face and I hear her sobbing through gritted teeth. "Get the fuck out Luke." She says quietly as tears run down her face. All I want to do is hug and kiss her. Make it all go away. "I SAID GET OUT!" She screams as she collapses down her wall into sobs and tears. I'm not wanted at all. So I turn and run as tears sting my eyes. I run into the kitchen to get my bag and there I see Adri and Skylar, Mari's sister, sitting at the table talking.  "Luke.... Hey she'll see it eventually. I promise." Adri jumps up and hugs me. "I was just asking Adrienne if she'd help me convince Marina to believe you. She's in but we have to figure out how. " Sky says incredibly irritated that her sister doesn't see the truth. "Why bother? That girl loves him so much and unless he really shows his true colors and how he doesn't love her for shit, which I didn't think is possible, he'll go on being the one who has her heart. And I can't change it." And with that I run out the door. And I keep running. Playing football and being in a band really makes for good lungs and legs. Before I realize what I'm doing I end up at Mikey's house. He is one of my best friends after all, unfortunately. I barge in when he doesn't answer my knock and run up the stairs to his room where the door is cracked and faint moans and groans are coming from. Damn it Mari I told you. I peak in to see him and Rachel a girl from school aka the school slut grinding on him sitting on his bed while his hand is on her ass and they make out. As one last tear falls from my face, a tear for Marina, I silently snap a picture and walk away.

*Flashback end*

And months later, she's all I think about, and she's with him and in love with him. That cheating douche. Still. Why? Just why?

(AN: Thanks to Vanessa for all these ides and help and support I love you and our stories ahahaha)