Chapter Seven

When I opened my eyes and realized I was alone in my room, I had a moment of panic. Was it all a dream? I wanted to jump out of bed and up to the apartment just to make sure Daniel was still there but my piss boner kept me in place. Shifting onto my stomach, I remembered how close we'd gotten to actually doing it. Well, we did do something close to 'it' but not really. Either way, it was amazing. Rolling my hips into my bed relieved the tension enough for me to get up but I'd need to take care of that before I could really wake up. I shuffled to the bathroom and reached for the knob just as it swung open.

"Oh, you're up. Is he here?" Becca asked, bouncing on her tip toes in excitement.

"Yeah, Daniel got in late last night. Lemme take a shower and then I'll bring him down to meet everyone." Holding a towel and clean underwear, I slipped past her and closed the door before she began her interrogation about him. That girl was a talker.

"Mom and Dad went to the shop so it's just me. But hurry up," she called as she pounded down the stairs.

The hot water ran out too soon to fully enjoy my shower but it was good enough for me to feel awake. Wiping a circle in the steam on the mirror proved that the goofy grin on my face was even more embarrassing than I expected. I had to get a grip on this euphoria before I scared him away. Or freaked out my family. They were used to me being generally happy but never this... giddy.

Once I was shaved and dressed, I went to check on Daniel. Walking up the stairs, I was filled with anxiety. Part of me terrified that he'd be gone and the other part excited to see him. As soon as my head passed the floor boards and I saw his arm dangling over the side of the bed, happiness pushed the fear right out of me. He was lying on his stomach with his head turned away but I could tell by the steady rise and fall of his back that he was asleep. Feeling empowered to touch him after everything we shared the night before, I wanted to crawl all over him.

Gently placing my left knee next to his left hip, I positioned myself over his body, hovering just a few inches above his back. I slowly lowered my weight so I was fully straddling his back with my head nuzzled in his neck. Placing feather light kisses up to his ear, his cheeks gathered in a smile, even though his eyes were still closed. I trailed the edge of his ear with my tongue then whispered, "Good morning."

"Ummm." His soft moan was enough to bring back the boner that I'd just taken care of. "Yes, it is."

Lifting my weight up just slightly, he rolled underneath me so we were face to face. He was even more handsome in the daylight than I remembered from just a few weeks earlier. Lightly tracing his cheek with the tip of my nose, his scent was intoxicating. With a deep inhale, I nuzzled further into his neck and let my full weight crush him. Before I realized we'd moved, Daniel was on top of me, kissing me deeply. "Oh, sorry. Lemme go brush my teeth. I just couldn't resist."

The loss of his body on mine caused a small frown but I knew I couldn't come across as overly clingy. He hated that in Sofia and I didn't want to do anything to drive him away. Reluctantly, I pulled myself from his bed and waited for him at the stairs. When he came out of the bathroom I warned him about Becca. "My sister is a little boy crazy right now, so she's dying to meet you."

He grabbed a pair of jeans from the floor and stepped into them. "Really? Is she cute?"