Chapter 3

Christmas came and went. It was a really great holiday. I got a lot of really great presents. But now it's all over and I'm back to my normal boring life.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, giving me an excuse to tear my eyes away from my frustrating pre-algebra homework.

Eric XD: Wanna come hangout? :D

I found my mom and asked her if I could. She said yes. I texted him back saying that I would.

I stepped out the front door into the cold January wind.

I ran all the way to their house. I stopped momentarily to catch my breath before knocking on their door.

Eric opened the door and ushered me inside. He gave me a hug, which I honestly wasn't expecting, but I hugged him back anyways.

"You got here quick," he commented.

"I was doing math. I needed to get away," I replied.

He laughed.

I followed him into the living room where Billy and Erin were sitting on the floor watching tv.

I say down on the carpet next to Billy.

He turned to me. "Hi."

For some odd reason, that made my cheeks turn bright red. "Hey."

"Did you lose your mail again?"

I laughed. "Nope."

"Katie, this is Erin, my sister. Erin, Katie," Eric introduced us.

I smiled at her. She grinned back.

Up to that point, I had been nervous. But I was finally able to relax and enjoy myself.

I don't even remember what all we did. But one thing I was very conscious of was the perfect human being who stayed close to me the whole time.

Billy's POV

Having Katie sit next to me caused my heart to beat out of my chest and my hands to become all sweaty. I barely knew the girl and she was already making me feel this way. Unbelievable.

I learned a lot about her today. I also learned her age. She's 13. Four years younger than me. Who's going to go for that? It wouldn't be that big of a deal if we were older, but now it seems more like ten years.

I'm just going to have to put my stupid feelings aside. There is no way we could be in a relationship. She probably doesn't like me in that way anyway. She probably thinks of me as a friend. Yeah, a friend. And that's the way I need to think of her too.

---------------------------------------------

Please give me some feedback!! Comment, vote and all dat jazz :) I'll love you 5ever if you do... oh wait!! if you're reading this, I already do :)) <<dats my double chin smiley..

BAI

PEACE TO THE MIDDLE EAST

Twitter: @FutureUnger

~Sara 🙊