three

three

       "3...2.. HEY, that's not fair!"

       Luke had ignored his friend's countdown and body slammed Calum's fighter, John Cena, not feeling a bit of remorse. They were currently playing a game of WWE Smackdown on Calum's Xbox and Luke was beating Calum's ass at it.

       The blonde shrugged. "Oops."

       Calum scrunched his nose up in anger and leaned forward on the couch, ready to battle.

       "Oh, you're in for it now, Hemmings," He growled, hitting every button on the controller sporadically.

       After the battle was over (and after Luke had won all 6 of the rematch games that Calum had insisted), Luke threw his head back on the couch and let out a sigh. Even a week after Michael's surprise party, he still couldn't get Wendy out of his head.

       "You know you're always gonna be my best friend, right?"

       Luke let out a small whimper and scrunched his nose up in disgust. The word "best friend" made him want to jump off of a bridge. Even after he had fucked her twice as much (and twice as good) as Michael had, Luke was still in the friend zone.

       Calum looked over to Luke's side of the couch and frowned. Even though his friend didn't say anything about feeling upset, he knew Luke well enough to know that he was. He didn't need to know what was wrong with him to know that he had a lot on his mind.

       Calum set down his controller on the coffee table and scooted his way down to Luke. Without saying a word, he wrapped his arms around Luke's torso and threw his legs on top of Luke's lengthy ones before cuddling his face into his stomach.

       "What are you doing?" Luke asked blankly, looking down at Calum.

       "You looked like you needed a hug," Calum shrugged, still clinging onto Luke like a koala.

       Calum was right. He did need a hug.

       Luke put his arm around Calum and patted him gently.

       "Thanks bud," he sighed.

        Luke couldn't remember a time when Calum wasn't there for him. He had been there through it all. After Michael had officially pushed Luke out of his life, an unexpected Calum popped into his life and took Michael's place. The friendship was unrequited on Luke's side in the beginning, but he finally realized that having the awkwardest, shyest kid at school for a friend is better than having no friends at all. It turned out, Calum wasn't that bad to have around. Sure, he always had a negative comment on the fact that Luke shouldn't smoke cigarettes and got on his nerves more often than none, but he was a friend. Sometimes, you just have to settle for what you can get.

       "What's wrong?" Calum mumbled into his chest, pouting slightly.

       Luke sighed. "I fucked Wendy."

       Calum sat up slightly and gawked up at Luke.

       "You didn't," He frowned.

       "I did," Luke nodded matter of factly. "Multiple times."

       Calum looked at Luke is disbelief.

       "Do you love her?"

       Luke stiffened. "You don't have to love someone just to fuck them."

       "Stop saying that word. You know how I feel about profanity," Calum warned.

       Luke simply rolled his eyes and laid his head back down. "God, Calum, I fu - screwed up," he corrected himself quickly. "You know how much I like her, and I think this just made it worse."

       "So, why don't you guys just date?" Calum asked cluelessly.

       Luke groaned. "It's not that easy. First of all, I'm way too far into the friend zone for us to ever be more. And she's also in love with fuckboy," he fumed. "I just wish she could see that I could treat her so much better."

       Calum let out a sigh and continued to hug Luke tightly. "I'm sorry, Luke."

       "Fuck, I need alcohol," the blonde grumbled, pushing Calum off of him and pacing to the kitchen.

       He rumbled through the refrigerator as he mumbled profanities under his breath, the patter of Calum's feet echoing through the kitchen before he walked up beside Luke to look.

       "I have sparkling grape juice?" Calum offered, a crooked smile on his lips.

       Luke rolled his eyes before slamming the fridge door shut. "Can't you ask your sister to buy us something?" he pouted.

       "She knows that I don't drink, and you already know that she hates your guts," Calum scowled.

       "She's still not over that?"

       "You cut out the nipple part out of all her tank tops last summer."

       Luke waved it away. "Only, like, three of them."

       "Well, she's not going to regardless," Calum shrugged, sitting down at the dining room table and grabbing a kiwi. "What you need is a nap, not alcohol."

       "Fuck a nap," Luke mumbled. "I'm going home."

       "Do you plan on walking?"

       Luke walked over to the couch and picked up his boots from the floor before slipping them on quickly.

       "Yes," he finally answered.

       Before he could argue, Luke was already out the door.

this was kind of short but i just wanted to introduce calums character???? he's so pure my heart

idk if anybody even like this story but i have high hopes for it so

comment n vote, ily

-marina :)))