I put your picture in a frame [chapter 3]

"Vic let me in!" I hear him call to me but my words get stuck in my throat and turn into choked sobs, he knocked on the cubicle door "Vic please open the door." I reached up to the lock and unlocked the door before immediately hiding my face in my knees. A couple of moments later I feel someone wrap their arms around my body, I look up to see Kellins eyes staring back into mine intently as if he was searching for something, I don't know what he would be looking for in my dull and lifeless eyes.

I haven't felt special for a long time, even when Mike was alive he was the favourite... He had more friends than me and a load of girlfriends as well, he seemed happy and chirpy most of the time but I guess he wasn't.

I started crying harder, gasping for breaths, I felt Kellins hand run down my hair, stroking it softly. He started humming softly and rocking me like I was a small child who just fell over. I relaxed into his arms and took a few deep breaths of air trying to stop crying and calm my breathing "It's ok, I'm here for you." he said and I just nodded whimpering slightly as I manage to stop more tears falling from my face. He lifted a hand to my face and wiped the tears away for me.

For once I feel like someone truly cares about me. I am probably wrong but I can hope, because that's all I have left.

The bell rings and we get up, he got up first and then helped me up. The rest of the day he hung around with me and made me laugh a few times mostly because of the random and weird things he says. At the end of school he hands me a bit of paper, I look down at it and saw his number which made me smile "Call me or text me anytime, kay?" I chuckled and nodded

"Kay"

"Promise?"

"I promise" I say still laughing

"Good" he laughs with me and then walks off in the opposite direction to me waving back at me.

I got back home and ran up the stairs to my bedroom since my parents weren't home which wasn't surprising since they rarely are. I got to my room and closed the door behind me, I sat on the bed and looked at my nightstand to see the picture of me and Mike that was taken four years before his death, I took it out of its frame and stroked the edge of it before putting it back in its rightful place. It's part of my routine that I do everyday after school, I don't know why but if I don't do it I get really uncomfortable and jumpy for the rest of the evening. Someone said I had OCD for doing things like that but I don't, I just like sticking to my routines even if they are considered different.