18

Shaileigh

I had been staying at Lauryn's house for two days now. My suspension was terminated & it was time for me to go back to school.

The beams of the morning made their way through Lauryn's blinds as she tried to wake me up.

"Shai wake up it's time for school," she began to shake me violently.

"Lar don't do that," I felt nauseous.

"Dude. The bus is coming in ten minutes," she shook me even more & that's when all of it was starting to make its way up my throat.

I ran into her bathroom & upchucked. I sat there, cradling the toilet.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I shook you. I forgot," she murmured.

"It's okay. It's something you gotta get used to," I sighed.

"How long has it been?" she asked quite afraid.

"Almost two months," I inhaled heavily.

"Seven months left then," she sighed, "listen. I can tell my mom that you're too sick to go to school."

"Could you? Thanks Lar," I sulked.

"Anytime. Until then, please get better. School's boring as hell without you," she groaned.

"Ah gee thanks," I chuckled, "um Lauryn," I called her.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"Does your mom know I'm pregnant?" I asked.

"I've been meaning to tell her..." her voice trailed off.

"No it's okay. I'll do it. While you're at school. Just don't stress alright," I assured her.

"Yeah alright. I'll see you later," she walked towards the door.

"Bye Lauryn," I stood up & hugged her tightly.

"Damn kid alright," she chuckled & let go. She then left & that's when I got packing.

I knew Lauryn genuinely didn't mind me staying at her house but I carried some sort of guilt. Plus I knew what I was doing. I had a plan.

For once in my life.