1

Kelly

"What do you mean I need a bodyguard?" I questioned as I looked at my parents.

"Kelly. Sweetie. After what happened to your father we really can't take any chances. Someone is after us," my mom spoke softly as she took a seat next to my dad.

"Guys. Dad almost got assassinated three months ago. The assassins would've done something by now. I'm pretty sure it's safe for me to not require a bodyguard," I mentioned.

"Honey," my dad could barely speak, "I don't want anything bad happening to you at all. Just because I am newly elected doesn't mean my only daughter, my only child, has to suffer. I will not have that." 

"But dad," I sighed.

"Kelly Patricia Richardson, you are getting a bodyguard for your protection. No discussion. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to have a conference call with the president of France to discuss our countries' relations," he said firmly.

"Okay fine," I stood up and left to go to my room. As I entered, I saw a familiar figure.

"Is everything okay Kelly?" Irene, the housekeeper, asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Actually, no. My dad is getting me a bodyguard."

"I think it's for your own good. I mean after that assassination scare we really can't take any chances," she advised.

"I just hope this bodyguard comes after I'm settled into college. I can't have a big muscly man following me around while I try to make new friends," I sighed.

"You can't trust everyone Kelly. Especially since you're the first daughter. The daughter of the President of the United States," she announced.

"Yes I know," I groaned irritably, "thanks Irene."

She nodded and left me alone.

This was just great.