Chapter 16: I'm Sorry.

"Noah's POV"

   The officer left the property and we went inside, Ashlyn crutches to the couch while I pull my dad to the kitchen to talk.

"Do you know why she ran away?" I asked him, Hopefully he doesn't know.

"No, do you? I don't want her to leave like that again." I replied concerned.

"I do, but I don't know if she wants me to tell you right now. Hold on." I answered. I walked to the living room where Ash was sitting on the couch. "Should we tell him now?" I asked her in whisper.

"Yeah, he should know." She said, sighing. I waved him over and he walked to the couch and sat next to me.

"What's going on? I need to know." He said in a worry.

"I know, and we are going to tell you, just don't freak out, please." Ash said to him, he looked like he was going to fall off the couch, he seemed like if he didn't know, he would just fall into an abyss.

"Okay, so. When Ash took the test last night, and it was negative." I started, looking at Ashlyn.

"It was a false positive." Ash finished for me. Dad looked like he was going to shrivel into an abyss and never be seen again.

"This. This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't done it, I had more faith in you Noah. How could you let this happen. How?! Why!?" Dad said standing up.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I didn't want this to happen. It was an accident. I'm sorry!" I yelled. He raised his hand up, just like in the hospital. I cowered in fear. Ashlyn ran infront of me.

"Please! Don't!" Ashlyn yelled with her hands up, in a panic. Tears fell down her face, I wonder if she was having flashbacks. Dad backed up and out his hand down. He sat down and put his head in his hands.

"Who and I kidding. Maybe this will be okay, a grandchild isn't the end of the world. I don't know anymore. I can't change the past." He said looking back up at us.

"We're sorry." I said. Dad put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, we'll get through it together."