Only One Year

"I'm leaving!" Tom shouted to his coworkers. His voice echoed throughout the warehouse. Eduardo grunted at him.

Tom sprinted down the busy sidewalk, swerving around people.

He was not letting himself miss seeing Tord before he left.

Tord had decided that he was going to go back to Norway, he didn't want to risk any mishaps. For Tord, the fear of accidentally hurting someone was just as eminent, if not more, as the temptation to burn things in the first place.

As his house came into view, he let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. Tord's car was still there.

He stopped infront of the door and composed himself, he didn't want to look like he'd been hit by a truck in front of Tord.

Tom opened the door and saw his two friends, and lover, sitting on the couch. "Hey~" he said and walked behind Tord, wrapping his arms around the shorter male's neck.

The four of them talked a little more, and eventually moved towards the door.

Tord told Edd and Matt goodbye, and the three of them shared a long hug.

Then, Tord turned to Tom. Tom took Tord's hand and placed a silver necklace. Tord looked at it in awe for a second, before taking off the bracelet that hung around his wrist.

He handed the bracelet to Tom and smiled, "it's a promise bracelet.

Tord turned slightly, then pulled Tom down by his shoulders and kissed Tom full on the lips.

Tord ran to his car, waved one last time, and drove off.

Breaking out of his daze, Tom blushed wildly. Edd nudged him with his elbow and wiggled his eyebrows. Tom gently shoved Edd and looked down at the bracelet in his hands.

The whole thing was strung with tiny, purple beads that varied slightly in size. A single bead, shaped like a turtle, sat between to aqua blue beads.

Tom smiled, and slipped the promise bracelet on with ease.

"Tom, are you okay?" Matt asked, concerned.

"What?" Tom asked, confused.

"You're crying" Edd clarified and Tom lifted a hand to his face. Without him realizing it, tears had began to streak down Tom's face.

Tom chuckled ever so slightly and looked up at the clouds. Without a word, To wiped the tears from his eyes and went inside, Edd and Matt following behind.