Chapter Seven

Tyler
  I forcefully pushed Claudia off me. She almost went flying to the opposite wall of my office with no pants and panty on, her shirt and hair a mess. She is a mess. All I can see now are black and red. Damn it! What the hell happened? Who the fucking shits did these to her? I will kill them all.
  They'll regret their existence. They'll hate their lives!
  I went incredibly fast to my mate and hugged her not so tight, aware of her wounds and injuries. I'm not wearing any shirt. Claudia took it off me.
  I heard her sobbed  and my heart shattered into pieces. Pain. Physical and emotional pain and trauma.
  "Baby... Hush now, baby," I cooed over and over again.
  I caress her hair and kiss her temple. I'm grateful she didn't go ballistic and push me away. That will kill me.
  You don't want a mate, huh?
  Thunder.
  Shut up!
  "Claudia, get out."
  "What?! Why?"
  "Get out!"
  She obeyed in fear. She went out of my office crying. Thankfully fully clothed now.
  Mike hamded me my shirt and I wore it.
  "Thank you."
  "My pleasure, Alpha."
  I turned to my soulmate who's still flushed against me. She instantly became the apple of my eye.
  "Come on, babe," I wrapped my arm around her small delicate frame protectively and possessively. I gently, carefully lead her to a love seat nearby. She's so beautiful and fragile to me. So precious.
  "What's your name?"
  "Grace Atkins, Alpha Tyler."
  "You don't have to call me that way, okay? We are equal. You're my other half."
  Yeah right.
  Thunder again.
  I said shut up!
  Fine, fine. She's my mate as well, okay? She's ours. Our mate.
  Whatever.
  "Okay," she agreed and flashed me a timid smile.
  She lights up my whole damn world with just one smile! Damn it. I'm whipped!
  Yes, you're utterly smitten very, very bad. I am, too.
  Thunder!
  Fine!
  I can't help it. I hugged her again and kissed her forehead repeatedly.
  "I'm so sorry, my angel. I'm so sorry. You're my only queen. Come and sit on my lap, hmmm?"
  She blushed furiously but complied.
  My world stopped spinning again for the nth time for the same reason~ her. I stare at her. She's all that matters.
  You're seriously a hopeless case, Tyler. I told myself.
  I'm going crazy.

~~~

  I mindlinked Gemma, another cook, an omega but not a runt, to bring food and something to drink for my Luna.
  All runts are born to be omegas but not all omegas are runts. In our pack, omegas and runts are treated with dignity. They have equal privileges, too. I don't know with other packs. I heard they're treated poorly and harshly. An omega and a runt are lucky if and only if they're in our pack~ the sole pack in history that treats them justly and offers them a bright future.
  "I asked something for you. Let's wait."
  The door opened and in came Gemma.
  "Alpha, Luna," she bowed in submission. She casted a genuine smile to Grace. The latter smiled back at her.
  I'll make her happy. Always smiling and laughing for the rest of our lives together.
  Grace looked at me questioningly.
  "I told her about you via mindlink when I gave her my command," I explained.
   She nodded understandingly.
  I sighed. I have a lot of explaining and convincing to do. Good luck to me. I'll prove my worth. I don't deserve her. She deserves the world.

Grace

  I'm still sitting on Tyler's lap. I can't believe this! I'm on cloud nine. This beats any roller coaster ride. This is practically the uncertain miracle I begged the heaven to give me. My life's basically turned upside down again and again in the shortest span of time.
  I felt my mate put his head on my neck and kisses the last where my neck and shoulder meet. Mike already left, saying he's got something to do and he's done  with his task concerning yours truly. I gasped in shock when Tyler kisses, nips then sucks my collarbone. There are sparks everywhere. My life drastically changed. It's full of surprises. I'm officially out of my mind.
  I continued eating the cake and mac 'n cheese brought by the woman.
  "Who is she?" I asked.
  "That's Gemma," he answered me without leaving his business under my chin, his warm breath fanning my skin making me feel hot and awkward.
  "Hmm."
  I finished the heavenly pasta and pastry quickly. I gulped the orange juice and emptied the glass. I'm darn hungry and friggin' thirsty. I'm so worn out, head to foot, inside out.
  "I'm really sorry, baby. Please forgive me? I promise to punish and kill them all, my Luna."
  His voice is broke and he's shaking!
  "Calm down, Tyler. It's okay. I'm fine. Please don't hurt anyone. Don't kill any pack member. Please? They merely did their work. Right? They can't be blamed. It's their duty. They're obedient and responsible. It's not their fault."
  "You're a great Luna, my queen, my baby, the only one for me. My love, my angel."
  "You call me so many names. You have too much endearments for me."
  "You're my everything. You mean the world, the vast universe to me. I and the whole pack are fucking lucky to have you. You're my light. You're their mother. My business empire is, too. You're its queen, its empress. You're the best. I'm so proud of you."
  Minutes of silence passed. We let our hearts do the talking.
  "Tyler?"
  "Hmmm? What is it? Just tell me."
  I smiled while my fingers are brushing his silky smooth hair. His face's still buried  on my neck.
  "I'm sleepy."
  "Sleep. I won't leave. No one will dare to touch you ever again. They can't come close to ykhy to hurt you. I promise. I love you, I'm in love with you."
  He lifted his head and gave me a sweet peck on my lips for a brief second. Love and compassion clearly written all over his face. Bliss and adoration shining bright in his eyes.
  I smiled and closed my eyes. I hugged him back and placed my head on his chest and drifted off to sleep on his lap, in his arms.
  I don't know what happened next.