12: The New Guy #2.

ALEX POV

Once I got home that day, Madison and I cooked dinner, we haven't made a home cooked dinner in a while, we made spaghetti and meatballs.

Shawn was upstairs, with the kids, probably having a tea party with Sophia, she tends to have a lot of those. I had just put Ryan to sleep, the baby monitor was sitting on the counter.

"Are you gonna tell Shawn about the new guy?" Madison asked, but before I could answer Shawn walked in and asked who he was.

"What new guy?" He asked as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"This new guy, at work" I replied.

"Why did you have to mention him to me?" He asked, standing beside me.

"I don't" I shrugged my shoulders as I stirred the noodles. I looked at him and could see him studying my face. "But I will, because we have a good, healthy relationship, right?"

"Right" he nodded and waited for me to speak.

"Oh, not right now, I'm cooking. Later, before bed, alright?" I told him as I kissed his cheek and pushed him out the way.

"Well, I gotta go attend Sophia's tea party" he said as he smacked my butt, causing me to yelp, he laughed before walking out of the kitchen.

"Do you like him?" Madison asked.

"Duh, I'm engaged to him, aren't I?" I laughed, confused at why she would ask that.

"No, not Shawn" she laughed.

"Then who?" I asked.

"Jonah" she replied as we started serving the plates with food.

"Oh" I sighed. "He's immature an-"

"You know, you'd like him, if you weren't with Shawn" Madison replied.

"Okay, are you like trying to get me with him or what?" I asked, getting a little annoyed. "I'm happy, I'm with Shawn okay?"

"Alright, got it" she said putting her hands up in surrender. We finished serving the plates and cups with wine, because, who doesn't like wine and called everyone down to eat.

Ryan was still sleeping, so I just brought the baby monitor to the table with me, Asher and Sophia sat down and immediately started digging in, leaving the sauce all over their face.

As we ate, we just discussed our day, how it went, how my first day back went, leaving Jonah, far, far away from the picture. The food came out extremely delicious, everyone got seconds, even the twins, but they didn't finish it.

Today is Shawn and I's day to clean up, we switch up everyday, just to make it fair, everyone left their dishes and went on with their business, I got up and picked up all the dirty dishes, placing them in the dishwasher, while Shawn took the ones that were left there last night. I turned it on and helped him dry the other dishes, he dried them with a rag and passed them to me to put away.

"So... how was your day back?" He asked.

"Well, I showed up to Jonah, Ollie's grandson at my desk" I started and Shawn nodded as he passed me another plate, I bit the inside of my cheek before continuing, why is it so hard to talk about him? "He's so immature and annoying, and such a-" but I cut myself off, if Shawn knew what he told me, if he knew he was a flirt, he wouldn't want me working with him anymore.

"Such a what?" He asked me.

"He's such a jerk" I replied and closed the cabinet door. "And, Ollie hired him! So now I have to work with him every single day"