Chapter 2

The classroom was more a live than ever when lunch rolled around. They all wanted to talk to (y/n) since they never really got a chance to on the main campus.

"So your grades never really did drop (l/n)-san?" Okuda asked

"Nope, despite being gone for so long, I managed to maintain my grades. So I was put here per the request of the Ministry of Defense." (y/n) replied

"So is like a fake persona that we've been talking to?? Do you have a weird quirk like the other assassins we've met?" Okajima asked next.

"OKAJIMA!" The class yelled

(Y/n) laughed. "It's fine guys." she said. "Well this is the normal, usual me, hopefully you don't have to see me in my 'dark mode' as Karma likes to put it. It doesn't come out unless I'm doing a job."

"How long have you been an assassin, (y/n)?" Kayano asked

"Hmm, I guess since I was maybe five?" (Y/n) replied

"Woah that long, must've been bad for you." Maehara said

The (h/c) girl just shrugged, not wanting to remember the her starting days as an assassin. She'd have night terrors about the people she killed and end up thrashing and screaming, even to this day she still has a couple of episodes. Karma noticed her slightly shiver at the memory. Not wanting this topic to go further, Karma steered the conversation elsewhere.

"Hey (n/n)?" He asked

"What's up Karma?" She asked

"Don't we need to buy some stuff after school? I noticed we've been running low on a few things."

"Yeah you're right, I think I made a list somewhere in one of my notebooks."

"You guys are talking as if you live together." Sugino chuckled

"Actually..." (y/n) began

"We are~" Karma says all nonchalant

"WHAT?!" The entire class, minus Nagisa, shouted

"So are you guys dating or something?!" Okajima yelled

"I wish." Both Karma and (y/n) thought.

"No, nothing like that, our families are always away and we've been friends for years, so they decided to just put us in the same house to look after one another.~" Karma said

"I dunno, sounds like there could be some funny business going on behind the scenes." Nakamura teased

"If I tried anything, she'd judo flip me, and that's the least harmful thing she could do." The redhead replied

But of course E-Class being E-Class teased them, suggesting they were doing hanky panky behind closed doors. Karma looked to his childhood friend, if only things were different. They both liked each other and were aware of each other's feelings, but for certain reasons, these feelings were never pursued. He sighed to himself as the two of them continued to deflect their classmates accussations and teasing. The (h/c) girl's hands were raised in front of herself shaking them and laughing, Karma just tipped his chair slightly, balancing on its hind legs, sending some insults and counters here and there to get them to shut up.

The day dragged on and before they knew it, it was time to pack their things and head home. Everyone was relievd, up until Korosensei decided to give them a worksheet with 100 questions for math. This led the class into a frenzy of BB bullets flying everywhere and of course missing their target. In a normal classroom, this wouldn't be allowed, but the assassination classroom is far from normal. If students could actually do that to a teacher in real life, things probably wouldn't end well.