The New Job

F/N=first name
L/N=last name
F/C=favorite color
S/F/C=second favorite color
F/F=favorite food
E/C=eye color
H/C=hair color
H/L=hair length

Y/N's pov

    Today was the day. I was beginning my new job at Underhigh and Scarlett was starting school there. I hope she makes friends. Scarlett has always been a shy girl around new people. I told her if she didn't have any friends by lunch she could come to my class room and eat with me. And if anyone even THINKS about hurting my precious baby....let's just say I might have to pay a hospital bill.

I make sure me and Scarlett both have what we need before we hop in my car and drive there.

"Scarlett?" I asked her.

"Yeah Mom?" She replied.

"Remember what I said. If anyone hurts you come to me and if you don't have friends by lunch you can eat with me in my class room alright?" I glanced at her in the rear view mirror then back at the road.

"Oh Mom have confidence in me. I'm not a little kid." She scoffed at me.

"You're still my baby girl right?" I said in a some what threatening and teasing voice as if daring her to say no.

"I'll always be your baby girl." I smiled.

"Good." We pulled into a parking space and we both got out.

Me and Scarlett walk side by side into the building. After a bit Scarlett walked off to go and see if she can find some friends. I worry for her. What if she makes no friends?! What if she gets bullied and doesn't tell me?! What if she gets a BOYFRIEND?! What if he-

My thoughts got RUDELY interrupted as I bumped into someone and almost fell. "Oh sorry! I wasn't looking at where I was going!" I said as I looked up at who I bumped into. The person...or uh..skeleton was tall so I had to tilt my head back to look at them. They had glasses and only one of his eyes glowed and he was wearing  a black/grey hoodie. I won't lie but damn he was sexy.

"Oh it's alright. I wasn't looking where I was going either. Are you a new student?" He furrowed his eyebrows together. Honestly I got slightly pissed at his question.

"No. I'm the new music teacher." I said sternly and tried to look taller than I actually am.
     His eyes widened at his mistake.

"Oh my mistake! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you or anything it's just that you're...." he paused as if looking for the right words to say without making me mad.

"Short? And don't worry it's fine. You'd be surprised how many times I get called that...anyways my name is F/N." I said in a calm tone to reassure him I wasn't mad.

"I'm Goth. I'm the librarian. It's nice to met you F/N." I smiled more when he said he was the librarian.

"Looks like you'll be seeing me and my daughter a lot. We both are big book nerds." I replied with a small chuckle at the end.

"Really? Then it looks like you and me will be getting along just fine. Oh and you said you had a daughter?" Curiosity hung in his voice.

"Yes. Her name is Scarlett and she's a really sweet girl. A bit shy though since...er never mind." I said deciding not to spill to much information.

The bell rang signaling class was about to start. "Oh there is your cue." Goth said, "I'll leave you so you can get to class. Bye Y/N." he said as he walked in the direction of the library. I smiled. Looks like I already have a friend.

I headed to my class room and luckily got there before any of my new students. I set my stuff on my new desk and looked around at my new room. It was a bit bland. I'll go to the store later and get some stuff to decorate.

I looked at the door as kids started coming in. Welp...here goes nothing.

Le time skip of gooey glory

It was lunch time and I was getting out my lunch when I heard a knock at the door. Must be Scarlett. I get up and go to the door but when I open it all I see is another tall skeleton. WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS SCHOOL A SKELETON FOR FUCK SAKES.

"Hi. You must be Ms. L/N. My names Mr. Nightmare but you can just call me Nightmare." The skeleton said. He smiled a soft, warm smile. I felt my face heat up. Damn he sure was hot. Luckily he didn't seem to notice.

"Oh! Hi Nightmare. It's nice to met you and please. Just call me F/N." I told him.

"Is it alright if I have lunch with you?" He asked me. How could I say no? I nodded and moved out of the way so he could come in. He pulled up a seat near my desk as I sat back down and he sat down in his seat. I pulled out F/F and a water I packed and set my lunch bag on the floor.

"So F/N tell me about yourself." He wants to know about me?

"Well I have a daughter named Scarlett-" he cut me off.

"Scarlett? She was in my class not long ago. I must say your daughter is highly intelligent. She's really going to be going places." I smiled at the thought of my daughter being successful. It's something I always wanted but I had to end it because I got pregnant with Scarlett. I wouldn't trade her for the world though.

"I'm glad to hear she's doing well." He smiled that same soft, warming smile at me. I had a feeling in my stomach. It's wasn't bad as if I was going to throw up. It was a good feeling. A feeling I haven't felt since....no...nononoNO. No, I refuse to believe what I'm feeling.

Well there you go. First chapter of The History of Music! Hope you liked it and I will update this one! I promise!