Lukesse: Remember Part Two

A girl sat in a cave, sick to the stomach. She had a turquoise bandana on her head, along with orange-reddish hair. Purple covered most of her skin.

The girl, Petra, closed her eyes. Suddenly, there was a BAM! An explosion, making the cave shake. She fell to the side, coughing and swearing under her breath.

"What the-" she said, confused, until suddenly, she realized.

All the pain she experienced was now gone. The purple faded away. The Witherstorm had been defeated.

She smiled, relieved. They did it. They really did it!

Feeling a wave of strength, she ran out of the cave.

Lukas and Reuben landed in the water with a SPLASH! Cold water sent shivers up their spines, but they ignored it. Instead, they leaped out of the water. Jesse, Lukas thought. Where is she?!

He looked around, blinded by sunlight, as he spotted Axel and Olivia. They spotted him, looks of happiness and joy in their faces.

"The Witherstorm is destroyed!" Axel cheered.

"You guys did it!" Olivia shouted, her arms up in the air.

"Hey!" A voice called from behind them. They turned to see Petra waving, looking better than ever before. "I'm better! Wither-sickness free!"

They smiled, cheering, like it was the best thing in the world. But they didn't know.

Lukas couldn't speak. Guilt was rising up in his chest like flames.

"Guys-" he started, his voice trailing off.

"I am so happy I could explode!" Axel shouted.

"Honestly Axel, that's a bad idea." Olivia replied, smirking.

"Guys-!"

"Wait till' we tell the world what happened," Petra said, hands on her hips. "They'll sure be surprised!"

"GUYS!" Lukas screamed at the top of his lungs.

They turned to look at him, eyes widened in shock.

"Jesse-" he whispered, choking in his words.

"What?" Olivia asked, not hearing. Axel and Petra gave him puzzled looks.

"OINK!" Reuben squealed, making the whole group turn around in surprise.

He was jumping up and down, standing right next to..was that a body?

"JESSE!" Lukas cried, panic flaring inside him, as he sprinted to their location.

No, no, no, this can't be happening. This isn't real, just a really bad nightmare. Wake me up, please.

Reality made him stop, breathless at the sight. Jesse lay on the ground, bloodstained, armor cracked, with her sparkling green eyes closed. Her smile faded, lips parted, hair messy.

He fell to his knees, grabbing her hand, and tears flowing down his face like a waterfall. Their friends shouted, running over to them, their faces falling.

"Jesse, please-" he sobbed, his heart breaking.

"Jesse!" Petra shouted, while Olivia and Axel gasped.

"No!"

"Is she okay?"

"What happened?"

Lukas couldn't hear them. All he could hear was his heart beating in his chest, so fast as if it were to explode. Voices echoed inside his head.