Lukesse: Remember Part One

Jesse gripped her enchanted diamond sword in her hand, determination bringing creases on her face. She growled at the shining block in front of her; the command block. Just one block, but it created so much pain, so much destruction, so much agony.

Sweat trickled down her neck, nervousness pulsing through her.

"Oink!" Reuben, her pink piggy friend said in encouragement. She smiled at that, and took a deep breath.

Jesse exhaled and ran toward the command block, sword in hand and getting ready to strike. Just one more strike, she thought.

BAM! A tentacle whammed her in the chest, sending her flying. A jolt of pain shot up her body as she screamed, landing on the ground with a thump and her sword falling out of her hand.

Blood escaped from her cuts and bruises bloomed purple. The armor helped, but not fully. Pain made her dull, but she had to do this. She had to. Failure wasn't an option.

If she failed, the world would slowly wither, slowly fall, until nothing was left. And the Order, her friends. She was their last hope.

"These stupid tentacles!" She cried out, standing up and ducking a purple beam.

Jesse ran toward her sword, picking it up and holding tighter so that it wouldn't fall. Suddenly, the Witherstorm lurched, sending her and Reuben across the ground. She heard scared oinks and growling. More pain rushed through her as she landed.

Her vision became blurry, and her head ached. Make it stop, she thought. Make this all stop.

"Jesse!" A voice cried, and she looked to where the voice was coming from. A person with blonde hair and blue eyes rushed toward her, concern on his face.

She felt fear and panic. What was Lukas doing here?!

"Are you alright?" He asked, helping her up.

"Lukas! What are you doing here?! You have to go back!" Jesse exclaimed. She couldn't lose him. Not him.

"No! I'm not going. Not without you!" He said, and placed his hands on her shoulders. She felt her heart beat in her chest.

"Please, Lukas. Just take Reuben and leave, please." She begged, trying to keep the tears away. "I'm not letting you get hurt."

His eyes looked intently into hers, and then they were kissing. Lukas put his hands around her waist and she put her arms around his neck.

A loud growl broke them apart.

The two said no words, but their eyes told each other everything. I love you.

The Witherstorm lurched once again, making Reuben, Lukas, and Jesse topple to the side.

And then they were falling, down deep into the heart of the Witherstorm. Jesse screamed as she fell, and then stopped as a hand caught her. Lukas.

He looked tired, trying desperately to pull her up but couldn't. But he held on.

"Jesse I-" he started as she looked down and gasped.

The command block. The light that shone in the darkness, powering the demon. It was at the bottom of this hole. She had to reach it, even if it was several hundreds of feet below.

One of her hands was grasping Lukas' as they looked at each other, panic in their faces.

"The command block, its down there-" she panted as he interrupted.

"No-no. I know what you're thinking Jess-and I won't let you!" He nearly shouted, starting to pull her up little by little.

Suddenly she heard screams. Screams. Her head ached as she closed her eyes shut, and then opening them. No, no please, she thought.

"I'm getting you out of here Jesse," Lukas said, as she felt herself getting pulled up very slowly.

Realization hit Jesse in the chest like a knife.

Choose.

She looked up at Lukas, using all his strength to pull her up.

Your life for theirs.

She looked down at the command block, giving its evil glow.

Or their life for yours.

The Witherstorm growled loudly, tentacles swinging and purple beams traveling. It was pure chaos. She heard Reuben oinking far off in the distance.

Jesse felt her heart break as she took one last look at Lukas. She thought about the Order. And her friends. Axel, Olivia, Petra, Reuben, and Lukas.

"Lukas," she said, eyes watering. He looked at her, fear in his eyes. "Take care of Reuben for me."

His eyes widened as her hand let go of his and Reuben oinking bloody murder. Jesse tried not to scream as she fell down to the command block, taking out her sword and preparing to strike.

The light grew closer as her heart pounded in her chest.

She could sense Lukas screaming her name, but she could not hear it.

The block was getting closer as Jesse pulled back her sword, and struck it. WHAM!

The block cracked and broke, its light dying and the explosion knocking Jesse away with a piercing scream. Pain bloomed everywhere. Her vision blurred.

The Witherstorm cried its last, and soon it was gone.

***********************************

Lukas screamed as Jesse let go of his hand. He stood, petrified, shocked, frozen. Fear and panic ran through him as he saw her fall. She wouldn't. She wouldn't do this. This isn't happening. But fantasy was reality.

He longed to jump, to follow his heart, because that was where it was. But he couldn't. Instead, he watched, still with fear, as the command block took its final hit. And everything was gone.

**********************************

The sun was finally freed of its dark prison, and it shone all over the land, giving warmth to its people. The Witherstorm was gone, defeated. It's pieces rained down, turning into dust once they landed.

No more destruction, but there was still pain.

Jesse lay on the ground, motionless, her sword inches away and slightly cracked.

Her armor too, was damaged. Blood stained her body. There was so much pain.

Maybe if she just drifted away...there wouldn't be anymore pain.

Maybe if she just...died.

(To be continued)