What if?

Chapter 4: What if?

Lexie's point of view

Last night is a bit of a blur for me.. I don't remember much, I remember watching the stars with Justin and I remember kissing him but not so much. I didn't drink that much though? Usually I tolorate alcohol better? Oh well, I woke up this morning with someone by my side, Justin. Oh right, we fell asleep like that last night. I never felt so strongly about someone before, Justin and I haven't known each other for long but I think I am starting to like him. Last time I liked someone, he made me regret it.. I'm scared. I don't want to get hurt again, my mom and my dad got divorced, my ex boyfriend and I wasn't exactly what you call a fairy-tale. He did some horrible stuff and I don't think I will be able to trust someone ever again, but again Justin changed that. I laid in bed for about 5 minutes thinking about everything that happened last night, about how I can't let myself fall for Justin he is just going to hurt me like Trevor did. It's clear to me that I can't let Justin affect me. We kissed last night, so what.. He was drunk anyway, it didn't meant anything to him, right? ''Lexie, what's on your mind?'' I heard someone say. " Oh euh, nothing, it's, euh, almost 1 pm, we should probably get ready and do something today." I smiled and he just nodded. " Let's go to the beach, have lunch and just hang there for the day? What you think?" I smiled and agreed.  " Be ready at 1:30, I'll pick you up." He then got up and left.

I went in the shower and surprisingly it only took me 20 minutes. I got out, blow dried my hair, straightened them and french braided my bangs. I decide to look as natural as possible so I've only put on some mascara. I had no idea what to wear since I didn't know what was the weather outside. I decided to go for a classy yet casual look. I've put on a little black skirt with a purple tank top and a pair of black toms. I decided not to wear any bikini since the water will most likely be cold. It's mid spring so no one goes swimming we usually just chill on the beach. I looked at myself in the mirror and I actually looked decent. I heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. It was probably Justin. I opened the door and there he was looking handsome. He was wearing black shorts with a red muscle shirt. He was wearing his black supra, which was not suprising at all because this guy is known for wearing supras. His jaw dropped when he saw me. " Wow, you look, beautiful. As always." I blushed a little and returned the compliment. " Shall we?" He held out his hand and we intertwined our fingers. We walked to the beach since it wasn't too far from my house. 

Once we arrived to the beach Justin took out the blanket and the food and we sat there talking about our past, our interest, our future and about us basically. ' So Justin, we never got to finish our 21 questions game last night." I said out of nowhere. " I'm surprised you remember, you were so gone last night." And we both laughed. " Shut up, I wasn't that gone. Anyways, tell me something about you that no one knows." He looked me straight in the eyes and smiled, " I play guitar, piano, drums, trumpet and I can sing, I also write my own songs. I have a recording studio in my basement but no one knows about that except for my mom and dad, Chaz and Ryan. And now you." " Wow, I had no idea Justin Bieber had a soft side." I had a smirk on my face and Justin just shrugged. " Now your turn, tell me something about you that no one knows." He suddenly said. I looked away not knowing what to say. No I knew what to say, but I couldn't tell him what Trevor did to me. I never told anyone for a reason. " Babe, why are you crying?" Justin said. I didn't realized I was crying. " Nothing." I looked away trying to hide my tears. Justin took my face in his hand gently and made me face him, he then gave me a hug from the side and told me that everything would be alright. " I don't know what's going on, but I am willing to wait until you trust me enough to tell me what's wrong. It can take minutes, hours, months or years I'll be waiting." He then leaned in and kissed me. 

After we spent maybe 30 minutes cuddling on the beach Justin got up and told me to follow him. I had no idea where we were heading but I just followed him. We left the beach and went to my house, from there he told me he had to show me something at his place so we took his car and drove to his house. We went inside and directly to Justin's room. His room is like a typical boys room. Just like my brother he had posters of Megan Fox and Angelina Joly on his wall and of course his room was a total mess. " Come with me, I need to show you something." And with that he took my hand and took me to god knows where. I was looking around his basement when I found a journal laying on the ground. I took it and 'Journal by Justin Bieber' was written in bold on the front cover. I was about to open it when Justin called my name. "Lexie come here, please." I then placed the journal in my back pocket and left to find Justin. "I know it's a bit weird but while we were laying on the beach and I saw you crying I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say, so I thought maybe I shouldn't say anything. Maybe I should sing it instead." He had a shy smile on his face and I couldn't help but wondering why he trusted me so much? I mean he said only his mom and his dad ever heard him singing and now he want to sing for me? "You don't have to Justin." I don't want him to think I'm forcing him. "I want to Lexie." And with that he started to play.