Chapter 2- Little Bughead

Jughead sat on the old, rugged sofa on his laptop, updating the final chapter of his novel. Jason's murderer had been found. And even though, unfortunately, the killer, Clifford Blossom, had killed himself like a coward running away from his crimes, it meant Jughead's novel would now be completed.

Jason's murder had been a tragic shock to everyone in Riverdale; the only threat that the town had once been victim to was the Southside Serpents. Not all of them, but some. They were thugs but human beings. The worst they'd done were deal a few drugs here and there, or roughed a few guys up. But murder? That had never happened in Riverdale and it was enough to make any of it's people shiver with unexpected disgust.

Jughead's father, FP Jones, was a Serpent. Jughead himself had grown up on the Southside, which was why he was so surprised when the bright gem herself, Betty Cooper had paid him the slightest bit of attention.

Betty had been Jughead's inspiration throughout their whole childhood, starting from the first time she spoke to him. They were small children sat in class, working on today's activity. Their teacher had let all the children do whatever they liked in the classroom because it was Fun-Time Friday. Some of the kids played in the toy car area, some in the barbie area. Some painted, some played in the sandbox and some played with the water jugs. Jughead had chosen to colour a drawing he'd done, with Betty sat across from him. Betty was in the middle of her own drawing when she heard a snap. She peered up at the young, beanie-clad boy to see the black crayon had snapped. Clearing her throat, Jughead looked up to meet her young, green eyes. Thick tears glazed over his. Little Betty Cooper gave him a small smile, moving round to sit next to him.

"I like your drawing." She giggled warmly, not laughing at him, just laughing. Her laugh was contagious and it made his wet eyes less damp. They both stared at the four stick figures on Jughead's paper. A mother, a father, a little Jughead and a baby Jellybean. He gave her a small grin to match her slightly bigger one.

"Here," Betty gave him the black crayon she was using, "I've finished my drawing anyway.". Her hand brushed his as she passed it to him, making Little Jughead feel things he hadn't felt before. He thanked her, and then she walked away to play with her friends, a ginger boy and a brown-haired boy, who he'd come to know as Archie Andrews and Kevin Keller.

Jughead felt his small heart warm as he stared at the crayon in his hand, and the place of his hand which she had brushed. Then he noticed that Betty had left her drawing. It was a flower, partially outlined with black crayon. But there was a section of the flower where Betty had stopped outlining. She hadn't finished it. From that moment on, Jughead had been infatuated with the Cooper girl.

Author's Note:
They will get longer once I've introduced everyone, trust me! I hope you're liking so far
-x x