Changes

Once I made my way into the apartment I strategically maneuvered my way around everyone throwing out random greeting and avoiding prying questions.

I walked into my room readying myself to avoid confrontation by a friend that might have climbed my fire escape but, not one.

No one came, they must have known by now, but they weren't here.

The next day began slowly, I awoke tired. I soon realised by Maya's absence once again that- that the facade wasn't necessary today.

I changed into a plain green dress and combed my hair in a simple pony tail.

When I exited my room and entered the kitchen I noticed worried eyes glancing at me. I was too drained to put their minds at ease, or was it that my sadistic side wanting them to worry as much as I was.
__________________________________________

"You're not faking?"
I glanced up at an amused Farkle who decided to sit next to me today.

He must have switched with Maya.

I quirked an eyebrow at him and he sighed in response. "The blonde probably cracked, because you've been slipping lately"

"Cracked?"

He nodded not looking at me before he continued talking. "I visited her house the other day, it looks like she's hanging out with an old crowd,"

I stared at him for a while before turning my gaze else where. "Those who won't hear, will feel," I mumbled. The words were practically slurred as I allowed my indifference to consume me.

He finally looked at me before scoffing.
"After all your efforts, you decided to be weak?"

"Fuck off," I seethed. He flinched at the curse and for a moment, for a moment I saw a flicker of worry in his eyes.

After some time he left me with some words before leaving to go back to his seat.
"I told you, that it was lonely."