Chapter 2

Continuing to stare at the stranger I noticed how his nostrils flared like he smelt something

Continuing to stare at the stranger I noticed how his nostrils flared like he smelt something. All of a sudden his eyes turned from confused to cold; I quickly turned around because apparently he is disgusted with me. I mean who wouldn't be! I'm huge and no guys like big women. Twirling my fingers, the waitress finally returned with my food and a refill.

Now I'm embarrassed to even eat because I can still feel his stare even though he has made his way across the room from me, plus my back is facing him. Did I do something wrong....I don't like his attention on me. I'm so embarrassed and uncomfortable, maybe I should leave.

My waitress happened to be walking by, "Uhm excused me but do you happen to have a to go box," I said with a low voice.

"Awe sure sweetie! I'll go get that real quick for you," she smiled.

I give her a grateful smile and drunk some more of my coke...suddenly I feel someone behind me. Quickly turning I see it's him and his glaring down at me. What did I do! He must've seen the panicked look on my face cause his eyes softened and he look upset with himself.

"Hello, are you here alone," he questioned me and I wasn't surprised at how deep his voice was. It's really sexy actually, clearing his throat obviously waiting on my answer.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry yes I'm alone."

"Can I have a sit next to you, I mean only if you don't mind ma'am...." he said softly.

"Of course you can sit. I don't mind at all."

Before he sat down I noticed how huge he was up close, he is a freaking giant! Apparently I said that last part out loud because he is smiling softly at me which causes my face to feel hot. Thank the lord for my dark skin!

"By the way I'm Langston Asher, and you are?"

"Oh I'm August Keller," I said softly looking down at my hands. Why is he even talking to me apparently he is disgusted by me because he was glaring really hard at me.

"So August are you new in town because I don't think I've seen you around before..." he said with a smile.

"I'm sorry but why are you talking to me, did someone tell you to come over here and fuck with my emotions," I glared at him.

At first he looks taken back by my tone and glare, then he looked piss off and something that sound like a growl comes from him. Now he glaring at me "Don't ever speak to me in that tone," this stranger growls out. I'm so afraid that I jumped up from my seat, he grabbed my wrist pulling me to him. I fall into his lap, he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer, sticking his nose in my neck inhaling my scent. I tried fighting him but he much stronger then me and he keeps on growling at me. I'm terrified! No one is trying to help me either...how can they ignore this! I looked around the room to see everyone is not even paying attention. What's wrong with them, this man is attacking me and they are ignoring my pleas and cries.