The Beginning of us

So it all starts, this giant mess that is my life. More specifically my "Love" life. Here in rural Pennsylvania, a town, with less then 2,000 people in the population. I was 10 years old, my family is extremely religious or part of it was, but I'll get to that another time. So with that being said, I grew up going to Vacation Bible School. Every summer until late 6th grade. This particular year was the year before my life fell in on its self. At VBS I met this girl, her name was Diana. She was my age, but so much taller with these vibrant ocean blue eyes, filled with laughter, and oh so easy to get lost in. Whenever we could we would sit by each other and we would always be together we were inseparable.
But that was then and now? So much has changed. I would soon lose my best friend, and had to move back to this tiny town. My first day was definitely eventful, it was January 24th, 2014. My Aunt Sarnas 30th birthday, and my father's day if brain surgery. On that fate full day it was -17 degrees outside, and little did I know everything would change.
My Aunt bundled me up in a scarf, hat, gloves and a winter coat 2 sizes to big. The outfit completed with my snow boots and my rosie nose. In reality I took most of which off before I reached the bus 3 blocks away. That day would be the day I would see her again, and meet my biggest mistake yet, Devan Brunetta. I trudged to my bus stop just in time to make it onto the bus. In this little town you can imagine there aren't many new faces, so ultimately everyone turned my direction and watched me as if I was a rabid animal, ready to pounce at anytime. I went to the back of the bus in search for a girl with no one beside her, in the second to last seat I found her. A girl beautiful and strangely familiar. Yet I couldn't figure it out, she seemed strange as she greeted me with one headphone in and the other dangling.
"Hai have we meet before, you seem chill." I chuckled slightly at her greeting, but responded in a meek voice "I-I don't um I don't think so..." my voice trailing of at the end of my statement. As if on que a lanky black haired boy pokes his head in between us. "Sup." He stated showing his slightly croked teeth, as he chuckled dryly. His eyes practically bulging out of his head, I turned to the girl in confusion. At this time the girl said "Well this is Daniel, and I am Diana, by the way." Wow her smile, is amazing. Then I realized they were staring at me.... Why are they doing that? "What?" I asked them frustrated. Then the boy umm what's his face? Dillon? No that's not right Daniel? Yeah I think so... started to silently laugh? I'm not really sure what he is doing... either way Daniel looked at me and said "What YOUR name? We told you ours" ohhh that's what they wanted I thought and I finally replied saying "My name is Sage.." my voice trailing off, not comfortable with this..... Interesting situation. You would think I would be used to this by now. Today, is gonna be a long day.

*Bus stops, students enter the school.*

As I'm walking up the hallway, I feel like an alien. Every kid, and teacher alike was staring at me, theyve never seen someone new.

This was just another school, another home, another life. I've moved more times then I could count. But this one was different, I didn't have the one person I needed most. At the thought my heart began to race, tears springing to my eyes as I climbed up the stairs I took a shakey breath and shook my head. I walked down the hallway into,home room which I sat next to my "cousin". Our home room teacher is, Mr. Lex was a loud, but nice guy, or so, he seemed. Though he had no hair and is around 5'11".

I turned to the boy nearly unrecognizable it had been so long since we'd seen each other. He was the typical Jock. Hair buzzed, shoulders broad with his shirt two sizes two small. I tried to make conversation but I was ignore. With a weighted breath I shrugged my shoulders and asked to go to the library.
Hey y'all, its pride month. Ive been working on this for a while... My aunt follows me and i wasnt quiet out yet. But I am now. Let me know what y'all think.