Theirs not to reason why

Captain Giles arrived and surveyed the room. The prisoner named Kat, was slumped semi conscious, in the centre of the room. A puddle of urine encircled Kat, wearing only underpants. In the room was also Lieutenant Nisbet-Lindley and Jacko Jones, one of the men.
The slight smell of lavendar could be detected, as Lieutenant Nisbet-Lindley had pulled out his handkerchief.
Giles said,
"Problem?"
Nisbet dabbed his nose,
"No sir. I am in complete control of the situation. I was necessary to enquire from the prisoner a few simple questions."
Giles saw the insignia on a German uniform throw into a corner. His brow furrowed.
As Kat was gaining more awareness, Giles helped him to his knees,
"You have nothing to fear from us Captain."
"I am ordering you to treat this prisoner with a sense of dignity. For god's sake man, give him his clothes. Jones 17, take him back to the cells."
Nisbet's lip trembled,
"For the record, I must protest. These mischievous fellows would trick us at the first opportunity."
"Noted Lieutenant."
"He may have valuable insights into artillery advances to help our boffins."
Jacko lifted up Kat and steadied the naked man, who wobbled. With Kat's clothes bundled under the other arm took him off to the cells.

When the two officers were alone in the room, Giles was a little warmer,
"You'll make a good officer Nisbet. You just need to empathise with the men. They are volunteers after all. It makes the men on edge when they see suffering."
"Thank you sir. I do see the gist of what you are saying." Nisbet patted his nose with the handkerchief.
"We need every man when we go to France. So it's worth keeping them onside."
"Yes sir."
"Strong." They saluted each other.

A few hours later Nisbet was indulging in a glass of sherry with Lieutenant 'Squiffy' Higgins, narrating the events from a few hours ago.
"So I had already finished speaking to that fellow, before Giles walked in on us. The item that bother's me Squiffy, whether Giles was just passing, or did some fiend go and fetch him just to throw a spanner in the works."
"Damn fine question, if you ask me Wentworth. Not sure if I can be of any use there."
Nisbet sniffed, and sipped slowly."