Chapter...One

Abbie's POV
... As I wake up and look at the clock (6:30.. great) I get up and go for a run as I run around Central Park I can't believe today is my last day in New York, I'm still trying in to wrap my head around the whole thing, after four years I'm finally going back to Chicago...but I guess I'm getting ahead of my self.

Eight years ago, I was eighteen I had just started working at Firehouse​ 51 in Chicago, Illinois with my best friend Gabby Dawson, I was a paramedic like her but she was on ambo 61 with Shay while I was on Ambo 18 with Clarke it was great and after a year I started to train and help out on squad 3 with Lt. Kelly Severide but months after working closely together we fell for each other and hard after a year of being together we moved into a one bedroom apartment just down the road from the firehouse and it seemed like all of life's peices were finally falling into place untill my twenty-second birthday when I found out  I got  accepted in to NYU, I was excited because it meant I could further my career and become a ER doctor like I had always dreamed​... Kelly on the other had tried his best to be happy for me but we both knew we could never work out being together in separate states so when the day came for me to go to New York we broke up and went our separate ways.

While in New York I always kept up and in contact with all my friends in Chicago but Kelly and I drifted apart but with the help of Gabby and Matt I managed to check up on him every now and then but between college and work ( I had transferred to a Firehouse in New York ) I never really got the chance to visit, holidays I usually went to Montana to spend time with my family​ or at least the family that kept me from the time I was six to when I was brought to Chicago at fourteen.

Anyhow I'm now back at my apartment and I as I get dressed after showering I finish putting all my belongings in my car which for me is a trunk, two boxes, a suitcase, a duffle bag, and a back pack. I have never really been the person to keep a lot of thing only things that are important so usually just pictures and books.

After I check with the u-haul guy who's hauling all my furniture to a storage unit in Chicago till I find a place I get in my car and head to Chicago but first stopping at gas station to fill up and get drinks and snacks for the road it's gonna​ be along twelve hour drive.