Chapter 3 - Heat

Jungkook's POV

"Anymore questions before I dismiss you all?" Namjoon's firm voice resonated in the room

"If we do find anything suspicious do we report to you sir?" a distinct voice at the back could be heard

"Report to your leader of your squad and they will let me know right away"

"And remember don't put yourself at risk if you aren't familiar with anything and rely on your teammates"

"Yes sir!" Everyone answered back

"Ok! Be prudent guys. Meeting dismissed!"

With the help of Jungkook voicing out what he found everyone was more or less aware that some strangers had trespassed into their territory. It might have been just a mistake or it could have been with ill intentions but those reasons are still unknown for now. The lack of evidence they got were just some partial imprints that couldn't be tracked down and those outsiders were skilled enough to mask their scent.

It's unfortunate that Jungkook's team weren't able to figure out more and that's why this meeting was important. If any of the other teams on patrol happen to see something they might be able to gather more clues to determine how serious the situation is. As of right now everyone is on high alert.

"Jungkookah you saved me great time, how did u find the document?"

"Someone actually came to deliver it I just happen to bump into him"

*Flashback

When Jungkook saw how Namjoon was frantically looking for something he needed for the meeting he decided to help him out before it was about to start. He thought maybe someone might have seen it and just when he was stepping out of the tent he bumped into a fella. Although reticent to what he was feeling when he grabbed onto the boy he sensed that it was a familiar presence as if he's know this person before.

"Hey are you sure you're okay? You're sweating a lot..." Jungkook said while coming closer

"Uhh... I - I'm ok...can you please give this to Namjoon hyung. Thanks!"

"Hey Wait! ..." Jungkook yelled out

Before Jungkook could even reply back the younger had already ran away at full speed. He really wanted to go after him but with the meeting starting soon he thought he'd do it later and trace him back through the footprints he left.

*End of flashback

He had the same scent as him and I'm positive it's him but again I didn't see his face. He kept looking down and couldn't bring himself to lift his head while talking. Funny how I keep seeing him run away all the time. I missed the timing again...

"Really? Was it Jin? He probably saw I left it on my desk this morning"

"No. It wasn't Jin hyung, he looked young with golden brown hair pretty tall and slender."

"AH I see it was Taehyungah. I must thank him when I see him later"

"HYUNG what did you say just now?" Jungkook's voice was so loud it took Namjoon by surprise

"I said I'll thank him-"

"NO the name!" Jungkook exclaimed

"You mean Taehyung? What's wrong?!" Namjoon answered back with a puzzled expression almost shocked to see Jungkook so agitated