CHAPTER 54

Imee's Point of View

It's been a week since I was discharged in the hospital. The day I got back home, I just learned that Celine and Jasper dropped out in the school and I haven't heard anything about them anymore.

About Zephyr and Aris, I can say they are okay now, Irish was okay too. But I am not. I will never be okay unless I will be able to stop everything especially now that the message I got is another fine mess they've gotten me into.

Manipulating the key on the incognition of this Ducati, I drove off the road. Riding this motor explicitly gives and increases the excitement I feel inside but it's not the right time to enjoy the chills.

Pagkababa sa sadya ko, in the Underground Empire, I noticed it being closed but a Mustang stopped near me. A guy in tuxedo opened the door and a man with a built body, wearing a Fedora hat with his french coat, went out.

"What are you doing here, young lady?" He asked and smirked at me.

"Death Shadow." I called his name. I settled off my vehicle and walk near him. Men in black suits were just behind him. "Tell me what you know." I idly said.

"What about I know?" He gave me a sly smile. I came closer again.

"I still remember what you've told me, Death Shadow." I emphasized and remembered what he told me exactly.

I can't lend you my empire but I can give you clue about the things you're up to. The person you're looking is someone who is close to you.

I didn't pay attention that much before when he told me that but I want to know everything now. I want to know what he knew.

"Now you're interested with it." I secretly hissed when he whispered that. He's the one who came closer me this time, still plastering that smirk on his face. This guy is really unpredictable.

"But spare me, I'm not fucking interested with your mess anymore." Tsaka ito tumawa at humakbang palayo habang nakaharap pa rin sa akin. I tried to reach him out but his men blocked me. Damn.

"Let's wait for the right time."

I gritted my teeth in anger. I waited for three long years yet he wants me to wait for that fucking right time? When will that fucking right time comes, huh?

"I'll see you again in the right time." He smiled. Sinubukan kong kumawala sa hawak ng mga tao niya but I was really blocked.

"And I want to you see safe and sound when that right time comes, Denniese Imee Earl." I was stunned when he said my full name.

When I snap back into reality, I just saw his car being closed and sped away. I run after them but they disappeared out of my sight that easily.

I just found my hand being curved into a fist. Death Shadow knew me. Damn it.

Death Shadow, who really are you?

Two days after that day, my mind was bombarded with so many questions. Sure, I got rid of the Ruthless Gang out of my mind but there's this Death Shadow and the message sender who keeps on meddling my mind.

"Let's go Princess." Bumuntong hininga ako bago ako tumayo at lumabas na ng kwarto. Sumunod ako kay Kuya Denver. It's been awhile since the last time he sent me in school. "Take care." He kissed me on my forehead. I can see worry in his eyes but he still managed to smile at me. I did the same thing before I settled off the car.

Our classes went well. Amid the unpleasant event happened this past few days, I'm still able to focus on my studies.

"Imee." Irish called my name. Suddenly, she became distant from me but I can't blame her for that after knowing who really am I. "O-okay ka lang?" I just nod to her until she went near me.