CHAPTER 78

Gwynne's Point of View

I looked at him and furrowed my brows a little when he was just looking at me intently. He's not even talking or he doesn't have the intention at all? Is he okay?

"Yeah, it's been a while." He almost stuttered.

Napatingin ulit ako sa kanya dahil sa inaakto niya. I was about to excuse myself when I felt someone put a coat on my shoulders.

"Love, are you okay?" He asked. I faced him and nodded.

He fixed his coat on me to cover my body. He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. In-excuse nito ang sarili niya maging ako.

Nang makalayo kami sa lugar na iyon ay bigla siyang tumawa. Lumayo ako ng bahagya sa kanya tsaka siya sinamaan ng tingin. What's wrong with this guy now?

"I didn't know you wanted to go swimming." He teased. I pushed him a little, feeling pissed. Sisinghalan ko sana niya but Jazz was so good in timing. Tsk.

"What the hell happened?" He gazed my body, feeling curious.

Natapon lang naman yung alak sa akin. Why are they making fuss about it? It wasn't that big deal.

"I told you she wanted to go swimming." I looked sharply at him this time.

"Go to hell Keegan!" Then I passed them by.

Ramdam ko naman ang pagsunod nila sa akin. Instead of going inside the hall, we turned on the right wing and ordered Jazz to bring me some clothes so I could change.

Pagdating sa change room, sinalubong ako nina Yaya Melds at Nanay Agnes. They even stopped when they saw me, it's as if they are inspecting my whole body. Napaikot na lang ako ng mata at naupo roon.

"What happened to you Gwynne?" I heard Yaya Melds asked.

I pursed my lips and crossed my arms before facing her. I'm not yet used when she's using her authoritative tone. She really is different now.

"It's nothing. Where are my clothes?" Tanong ko, taliwas sa aming pinag-uusapan.

As if she heard my question, a woman came in and she placed two boxes on top of the table in front me.

"I'll change. Go back inside the hall and entertain the guests." I took the boxes and stood up.

"They were your guests. Entertain them yourself." When Keegan spoke, siya naman ang hinarap ko saka siya tinaasan ng kilay.

"Who planned on coming back here anyway?" Bago ko pa marinig ang isasabat niya, I turned my back on them. Tsk.

People greeted me again when I went back inside the hall and they keep on asking many questions whenever they are seeing me. People and their curiosity. Napailing ako.

The party ended just fine. Hindi naman nagtagal. Three hours is enough to make my first appearance in front of those people as the Tycoon's Heiress.

"Thinking about something?" Keegan walked near me and stood beside me.

We're now both standing on the side of the balcony. He's holding a wine glass while I had my tea. I heave a deep sigh and probably he's curious why I'm acting that way kaya nilingon niya ako.