CHAPTER 68

Imee's Point of View

For quite some time, lot of questions filled my mind. I, somehow don't know what to do. I just have so many things on my mind right now. Hindi ko alam kung anong dapat kong unahin sa lahat.

Napailing na lang ako nung pumasok ako sa bookstore. I just wasted my time looking for some books which is until now, I haven't choose any. Wala ako sa mood. It's as if nililibot ko lang ang sarili ko rito sa loob until I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." That person said. Tinignan ako nito at nagulat ako nang makita kung sino iyon. She was shocked too.

"Denniese?" She asked. "Oh my God! It's really you!" She stated, full of surprised when she realized whom she bumped into.

It was Summer. She even hugged me nang makarecover siya. Napatango na lang ako habang nakatingin sa kanya. Hindi lang kasi ako makapaniwala.

Summer Smith was my best friend since my first year in high school and I haven't known Keizer back then. It's Summer who introduced me to him. When Summer and her family migrated in States just after one month of our sophomore days, it's only Keizer and I who was left. I became close to him after that and that's also the time when I became part of the Black Gang which she doesn't know.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while we were walking. I just can't believe that after so many years, she's now here.

"I'm just looking for some book novels."

"You hate novels." I told her, as if I'm reminding her. She's not fond of reading novels before. I'm just wondering now. Lumingon ito sa akin at ngumiti.

"I was influenced by my cousins." Kumuha siya ng mga book novels sa isang shelves.

Since I haven't choose any, I bought some. Maybe I could just give this to Denver. Pumunta kaming dalawa sa counter to pay for the books we got. After that, sabay na kaming lumabas.

"This mall was really big. I got a hard time looking for this bookstore." She mumbled, roaming her eyes around the whole place.

"It was Kuya Denver's." I shared, not bragging though.

"Oh. Your Kuya?" She faced me and my brows furrowed a little when she smirked at me or I was just wrong? Maybe it's a smile, it just turned out to be like a smirk on my sight.

"Miss ko na sila. I'll visit them soon." Natutuwa nitong sambit and definitely, she's pertaining to my family. She's close with them, though. "Let's eat? My treat." She offered. Though I really wanted to go home now, tumango na lang ako sa kanya.

"Summer." Tawag ko sa kanya habang kumakain na kaming dalawa. I just want to ask her something.

"Hmm?" Her attention was focused only on her food.

"When did you get back here?" I asked, sounds normally. Noon niya lang ako nilingon.

"I arrived here just last week." Nakangiting sagot niya tsaka siya muling bumaling sa kanyang pagkain.