Canceled

Barney was getting dressed. He smiled and sang a song while he climbed into the oversized purple dinosaur suit. He happily brushed his teeth and climbed into his car after. Barney drove to the TV studio where he worked. When he got there,he noticed it was empty. The lights were off. The cameras were gone.

"HEY!" someone called. Barney turned around. The director of the show was walking up to him. His eyes were dead. He walked with no purpose. 

"Is everything okay?" Barney asked. He studied the director. He looked nervous. "Maybe I should sing a song. Would that make you feel better?" The director shook his head quickly.

"NO! Um, I mean, no thank you. So, you didn't hear then," the director wrung his hands.

"Hear what?" Barney asked. "WAIT, is it someone's birthday? If so, I could make special appearance!" Barney squealed, jumped up and down, and sang a song. The director plugged his ears.

"NO BARNEY!" the director yelled. "The show got canceled!" Tears came to the director's eyes. "We're all unemployed now." Barney froze. He looked at the ground. Then, he looked at the director again.

"What does unemployed mean?" he asked.

"BARNEY," the director screamed, "WE DON'T HAVE JOBS ANYMORE!" Barney thought about this. No job? How would he get money? What would he do now?