King Henry's Marriage Arrangement

Chapter 2

"Wait, how many brothers do you have?" I asked.

Me and Ezra had been sitting here for what seems like hours just talking about our lives. It had felt so normal which I loved as I knew then that I was trying to be a proper spoilt princess.

"Twelve older brothers," Ezra answered.

"No way," I laughed.

As me and Ezra laughed, my mind wondered to my father's ball. How he had planned it all for me and Mary and I wasn't even there, how he probably wanted me there. I looked at Ezra and I said...

"Look, this has been great but I think I should head back down to the ball," I said.

"Yeah, I guess you should," Ezra said.

"Will you come with me?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't think that's a great idea," he said.

"Please. If it bothers you that much I will say you're there to assist me," I said.

"I don't know," he said.

"Please," I pleaded.

"Okay," Ezra said, finally giving in.

"Yay!" I exclaimed.

Heading down the corridor and down the stairs, I felt my heart beam with every step. I could not wait for Ezra to see all the beautiful dancing.

As we arrived, my eyes lit up. I looked upon Ezra who's eyes lit up as well, making me feel so pleased. The dancing was just as beautiful as it was when I left. My eyes searched all around the room for Mary and surprise, surprise she was still dancing with King Phillip. Typical Mary. It never surprised me with Mary as I knew exactly what she was like.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"It's beautiful. It's almost exactly like this book I read-" Ezra said.

"Wait, you read?" I asked.

"Don't sound to surprised," he said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. I meant-" I apologised.

"I know what you meant," he said cheekily.

"Oh," I said.

"Yes, I read. In fact I love it. I also write," Ezra stated.

"Oh my god, I love to read and write," I said ecstatically.

"Really?" he questioned.

"Don't be so surprised. As you already know I am not a normal princess," I said.

"I can see that," Ezra laughed.

"What else do you like?" I asked.

"Well, I love art," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Art and music," he said.

"Interesting," I said.

"What about you?, What do you like?" he asked.

"I love riding," I said.

"Really?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I said.

"So, you're a princess that loves riding, reading, writing, dancing, what else is there to you?" Ezra asked.

"I love the outdoors, everything to do with it. Sports, nature, everything," I stated.

"You are nothing like any of the princesses I met," he said.

"Really?, and what are the princesses, that you met like?" I curiously asked.

"Very delicate. Indoor people and love princes and jewellery," he said.

"Sounds boring to me," I laughed.

"Yeah," he agreed.

"What do you think about this ball?" I asked.

"The music and dancing is stunning," he said.

"I agree," I said.

"So are you going to dance with anyone?" he asked.

"Oh!, that reminds me. Excuse me for a moment," I said, scurrying off towards King Henry, Catherine Parr and Prince Edward.

"Princess Elizabeth, how are you enjoying the ball?" King Henry asked.

"It's beautiful, your majesty. May I dance with Prince Edward?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes. Yes you may," King Henry answered.

"Thank you, your majesty," I said thankful.

As I took Prince Edward's hand, we slowly walked off to the dance floor.

We turned and twisted and spun all through the night. It was magic. I always loved dancing as a kid and it wasn't going to change now. Me and my brother enjoyed the night so much.

As we came to the end of our dance, we thanked one another and then left each others sight.

I slowly walked over to Ezra...

"So how was that?" I asked.

"You were beautiful," Ezra said, making me blush.

"What about you?" I asked, directing his eyes to the dance floor.

"No, I can't. No servants are allowed to dance," Ezra stated.

This was true. No servants were allowed to dance anywhere near the royal family. I knew it as well as everybody. But...

"But the rule never said anything about servants dancing somewhere else," I said cheekily.

Slowly turning away and walking off with Ezra down the halls and out to the garden...

Entering in the garden, flowers covered all the boring walls. The smell of fresh air made my eyes light up. As I looked to Ezra I saw that he also loved it.

"What do you think?" I asked curiously.

"It is beautiful," he said.

"Now let's show you how to dance," I said.

I took his and showed him how to dance. Once he had got the hang of it, he became really good and we danced through the night...

As dawn approached, I looked out my window and everything of the night just flashed before my eyes. I remembered everything. The night was magic. All of a sudden, someone enters my room...

"Elizabeth!" Lola said alerting me.

"What?" I asked.

"King Henry wants you immediately," Lola stated.

"Then we must hurry up and not disobey him," I said.

As quick as lightning I got dressed and headed down the stairs with Lola. It was exciting but also nerve wrecking to see what King Henry was going to say.

My heart raced with every step I took down the hall and into the throne room...

All of a sudden I saw King Henry, Queen Catherine and some mysterious handsome man...

"Your majesty, you want to see me," I stated.

"Yes, Elizabeth I did. May I introduce you to the dauphin of France, Francis," King Henry said.

"It's lovely to meet you Princess Elizabeth," Francis said.

"The pleasure is mine," I said.

"The reason I have brought you here Elizabeth, is to arrange a marriage proposal for you and Francis," King Henry said.

My head spun hearing those words. I had one just got here and already I was nearly engaged. Wow, I thought. This is the life of a princess...