Chapter 8

1977

"Hey Mami what are you still doing here?" I asked her.

"Oh I am going to take your sister to your aunts house today." She told me.

"Okay." I said. There was a knock on the door. I looked at my mom. "You expecting guest?" I asked her.

"No." She shook her head.

"Must be June." She told me. I nodded. I walked over to the door. I opened the door. i gasped when I saw who it was.

"PAPI." I jumped into his arms. He hugged me back. "Oh my gosh." I smiled still hugging him.

"Hey my Princess." He said to me. "Where's my other princess and my Queen?" He asked.

"Um mom." I called out to her.

"Yeah?" She asked walking out. Her eyes lit up when she saw him. He ran up to her and hugged her so tight. I smiled as I saw them hug.

"I'll take her to Aunt Joseline's." I told them.

"Tell them that I will be there to see them later on cause I have to get back to base tomorrow to go back." Dad told me.

"So that means this is the only day that I will be able to see you?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'm sorry baby." He told me.

"You know what never mind mom call in to work tell them your sick and I am going to call June and tell him to come here so we can have family time." I told them. I picked up the phone and called the Kipling household.

"Hello." Yolanda answered the phone.

"Hey landa I'm not going to be able to make it over today. My papi is back in town and we are going to have a family day today." I told her.

"Okay see tomrrow then." She told me and i hung up the phone. I called June.

"Hello." He answered the phone.

"Hey Papi back in town so get over here because we are going to have a family day." I informed him.

"Aight we'll be over there." He told me and hung up.

"Okay so what are we going to do?" Papi asked me.

"I don't really care  I am just glad that you are here." I told him.

"How about we have a family movie night." Mom suggested. We nodded. There was a knock on the door and I opened it. June walked in with Nikki. Yes Nikki from the get down. She is his girlfriend/ baby mother.

"Hey Luis." I picked up my nephew. He was a spinning image of my brother just with the same complexion as Nikki.

"Nat-Nat." He said. I smiled. He is just cute.

"Okay so we are going to have a movie night tonight." Daddy told them. They nodded smiling.

"Okay something age appropriate for Luis." I told them. They nodded. "Luis go pick up any movies that you want to watch." I told him. I walked him to the book case that held all of the VCR tapes. He pointed to a lot of movies to watch which caused me to laugh.  I smiled and we put the first movies in which was The Parent Trap. I smiled putting the movie in. My mom went in the kitchen to make snacks. She made popcorn and then she started making pizza. I am telling you my mom makes a good homemade pizza.

We watched the movies and then they left. June decided to have Ivelisse over for a sleepover. I decided to go check up on the gang. I grabbed a bag of clothes and walked out of the apartment. My mom and dad are going to go to my aunt and uncle place to hang out with them.

I got to the Kipling household. I knocked on the door. Yolanda opened the door. We walked in.

"Yeah we was having a party and the salon got messed up something about a grandmaster or whatever they was talking about and they friend  he fine as hell like chocolate and shit ." Yolanda told me. I nodded.

"Red hat?" I asked her.

"Yeah. You know him?" She asked me. I smirked at her. "Oh shit, girl you boning him?" She asked.

"No I am still a virgin." I told her. She laughed.

"Girl Mylene don't like him." She told me.

"The singing thing?" I asked her.

"Yeah he don't like the singing part of music." She told me.

"It's called the whack part to him but for some reason he likes when I sing to him." I told her.

"Probably cause he like you." She told me. I laughed.

"Hey can I leave this here and I'll be back?" I asked her.

"Yeah go ahead." She told me. I smiled and sat my bag down. I walked out.

I GOT TO THE NEW HIDEOUT. I was holding the new gift that I had got him. The streets are going crazy I mean people robbing places cause of the blackouts. I walked up the stairs to the new place that he found to crash. I knocked on the door and he opened the door. He looked mad but on the inside I could tell that he was sad.

"Hey." He said to me. "I'm sorry about the fact that I lost your tapes that you made for me." He told me.

"Hey it's fine." I told him.

"I haven't heard from you in a few days." He told me.

"Yeah I was going to come and see you today earlier but my dad was in town and I wanted to spend the day with him and my family." I told him. "Hey I got you some gifts." I told him even though at the moment I knew they didn't matter since he had gotten some new records. I handed the gifts to him. He smiled as he saw the records I have gotten him especially at the Devotion record by Earth, Wind, and Fire. I also got him It takes two. Devotion is one of his favorites. It took me a long time to find these records with just this one song. I was so happy that I found it.

"Come here." He told me. I walked over. He kissed me and I had to kiss back. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He slid my jacket down my shoulders and I heard it hit the floor. After that one thing lead to another. I lost my virginity.